News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Rogue's Current Powers

Started by hoss20, January 04, 2011, 11:12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoss20

Hello, all. I'm trying to update all of my hero files (close to impossible nowadays with everyone's powers changing month to month and/or with every new writer's interpretation). I don't keep up with X-Men much, but have seen that Rogue's powers have been altered quite a bit over the past few years. I had noticed that she lost all, if not most of the powers "permanently" absorbed from the original Ms. Marvel, and had "permanently" absorbed Sunfire's powers. I believe there was even a point where she could draw on the powers of any that she had absorbed in the past. Now, it looks like she's back to her original form, left with just her absorption power. If anyone could shed some some light on her current status, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

crimsonquill

I'm not quite sure the extent of Rogue's powers and how they have evolved but currently she has the ability to touch people to steal their powers but the limitation of draining memories and life force has finally been removed. The powers she "borrows" are at their full power levels and she has instant mastery over them so she can pull power stunts that not even the original wielder could pull off. She also discovered an ability to shut off the powers of people she touches as well and has apparently the ability to fully leech the powers from someone completely and leave them totally powerless (which she threatened to do with Hellion if he ever mortally wounded another X-Men again). Yet I'm not sure if she can fully keep the powers she leeches indefinitely or that the powers drained from the victim are totally lost or just shut down until she comes into contact with them again as she never has used her full untapped power in a negative manner as of yet.

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

ElijahSnowFan

Let's see...maybe two years ago now, in X-Men Legacy, Mike Carey did a detailed multi-parter, maybe as many as six issues, featuring Rogue, Professor X, Gambit and Danger.

At the end of it, Rogue had total control of her absorption power. No more multiple personalities, either. She no longer had Ms. Marvel basic powers or Sunfire's flame control. Her powers no longer cause people to go into comas or die, and she can manifest numerous sets of powers at once.

(As an aside: Carey's story was really well done, and IMO, was a long time coming. It's about time she moved past the "I can never touch anyone, ever" phase. The character's been around for nearly 30 years, and it's been good reading her with her powers under control.)

Previsionary

Yes, Elijah has it down pact. She's essentially just a power absorber now without the old risks that were associated with her. She can control how much power/energy she takes now, and they will eventually wear off. As Elijah mentioned, she can use several absorbed powers at once. So far, I want to say she's only used 5 or so at one time.

Her current power level/set is kind of difficult to adequately represent in FFv3R because some of the attributes I'd recommend are disabled or no longer represent their FF1 counterparts.
Disappear when you least expe--

hoss20

Thanks, gang. I appreciate the info. I already had her set up with the Absorb Powers attribute. This works reasonably well as it affects both powers and abilities, and defaults to not being able to absorb from the 'robot' or 'hitech' subtype. I guess, the only thing missing is a way to absorb certain attributes like flier, but all in all, the Absorb Powers attribute can be customized to reflect Rogue's power in a pretty accurate fashion. Thanks again for the input, everybody.