New Spider-man Movie

Started by JeyNyce, July 02, 2010, 02:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueBard

Let's move on.

I learned to live with the organic webshooters in the movie.  I'm relieved that they eventually stuck with the mechanical webshooters in the comics.

But as long as he's web-slinging and web-swinging, that's what matters.

The movies did not totally ignore the fact that Peter Parker is very, very smart and very scientific.  S-M2 in particular.  So it's not like they turned him into a moron.

I am also in favor of skipping an origin movie this time around.  I wouldn't be too surprised to see the mechanical webshooters return if they do reboot, but I wouldn't be surprised if they kept the organics either.

I will be surprised if they manage to come up with a movie as good as S-M2 was.  (IMO there's no way to improve on that version of Doc Ock, except maybe keeping him alive in the end...).  I will be very surprised if they somehow resist trying to throw Venom at us again.  I will be pleasantly surprised if they decide to use Electro.

Now THERE is where you really show how smart Peter is.  Spider-Man has never defeated Electro by just being Spider-Man.  He's got to bring real smarts to the fight and outwit him.  If they can make that movie and do it justice... they will have successfully brought the franchise back.
STO/CO: @bluegeek

BlueBard

Forgot one... I will be utterly astounded if they can resist shredding, burning, or otherwise losing Spidey's mask (so the actor gets his face time).

Reepicheep

Bard, I'm astounded as it is that they didn't let YOU write the script.

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: Talavar on July 06, 2010, 04:26:35 AM
Quote from: cmdrkoenig67 on July 06, 2010, 02:20:53 AM
The new Peter Parker actor looks fine.

BTW, I hated the organic web-shooters...They made no sense.  Trying to make it more "realistic" by having webbing come from his wrists did just the opposite, IMHO.  How did he create so much webbing without becoming fatally dehydrated?  How did it get through the costume without getting all gummed up around the exit holes?  If it was meant to be "realisitic" then the webbing should be coming from his butt, not his wrists.

The invention idea is still the best, highly concentrated liquid webbing in cartridges.  I have to disagree with you on this Benton, but no more time needed to be spent on the web-shooters whether they be organic or mechanical....they in fact, used quite a bit of time to cover Peter getting used to using the organic shooters (practicing in his room, practicing on rooftops, etc...).

Dana

You know what I'm sick of re: the organic webshooter debate?  Saying the webs should have come from his butt.  Webbing doesn't come from spiders' butts.  They come from the spinnerets in their radically different anatomy.   Spiders have two body segments, an abdomen and a cephalothorax; the first is analogous to our entire torso, and the latter to our head.  As long as the webs aren't coming from his head, it's not that wrong.

Um, Tal...I know webbing doesn't actually come from the spider's butt, the spinnerets are on the end of the abdomen (near the butt)...I was being over simplistic...Chill.

Quote from: Talavar on July 06, 2010, 04:26:35 AM
As to the amount of mass needed for organic webbing, well, where does the mass for the Hulk's transformation come from?  Or Wolverine's regeneration?  Or Hank Pym (et al)'s growth spurts?  If it's a super power, it has to get a bit of a hand wave just to work at all.  If it's a super invention on top of a guy with super powers, well, you've just put a hat on something already slightly ridiculous.

I still think giving Spider-man organic webshooters makes sense; a guy named Spider-man should have at least one actual spider-based power.
Quote from: thalaw2 on July 06, 2010, 03:30:19 AM
To settle the web shooter thing once and for all lets take a spider and expose it to radiation ad let it bite one of us...then we shall see what happens...indeed.  HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!  

I'm more freaked out about his sewing abilities.  If webshoorters can be explained by him having a heightened awareness of how spider webbing works then how is the costume explained?  Where is he buying the material for that?

The costume is problematic - but that's true for lots of superheroes, and hardly unique to Spider-man.  I did like that in Ultimate Spider-man, he got the costume from the wrestling company in his origin, rather than making it himself.

The original comic Spider-Man costume isn't that big of a leap to make...But yes, the movie costume is.

Dana

BlueBard

Quote from: Reepicheep on July 06, 2010, 01:26:48 PM
Bard, I'm astounded as it is that they didn't let YOU write the script.

They never asked me.  :lol:

I'm not a screenwriter, but I'm one heck of an armchair editor.

I'll settle for being a creative consultant.   ;)

BlueBard

I saw a Spider-Man 4 movie poster online (not sure if it was really official) that had the word CARNAGE on it.

I stand corrected.  There IS something worse than throwing Venom at us again.

Here's hoping that wasn't official...

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: BlueBard on July 06, 2010, 09:07:03 PM
I saw a Spider-Man 4 movie poster online (not sure if it was really official) that had the word CARNAGE on it.

I stand corrected.  There IS something worse than throwing Venom at us again.

Here's hoping that wasn't official...

It's not this one is it?

http://rikzricci.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/spiderman4teaserwo23.jpg

I'm guessing the one above is a fan-made poster...The poster's release date for the film is 2010, which we know is not the case.

Dana

BlueBard

Yeah, that was it.  It wasn't quite big enough to make out clearly.

But I stand by my statement... there IS something worse than another Venom movie.  :P

cmdrkoenig67

I am in total agreement with you there, BB...Ha!  I really like the idea of the Lizard, Electro and/or the Vulture (should be an elderly gentleman, not a young woman...Blech) being future film villains.

Dana

electro

I gave up hope on Electro being in a movie a few years back - Only way I can see him making it into a movie is if they have the villainous team Sinister Six - Plus if they did put Electro in a movie they probably would ruin the character by making him some teenager with angst issues & wear a bikers jacket with a lighting bolt on it.

But if I where in charge of the character Electro he would be a combination of silly & scary - His powers would be very loud like a thunder storm which you could use for his scare factor - Probably have to redesign the suit since that mask would probably not work for the screen - Maybe do a design closer to the costume he had in the game MUA 2 - The actor I would use is Robert Knepper - He has the perfect look for Max Dillon & I beleive he could pull off being silly & scary

Mr. Hamrick

Mary Jane has apparently been cast if you believe this article at the NY Daily News.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/2010/10/04/2010-10-04_emma_stone_cast_in_spiderman_reboot_as_mary_jane_watson_taking_over_for_kirsten_.html

Would bare noting that they are wrong on one point.  Emma is not a natural red head.  However, she has kept her hair red since Superbad as it's apparently been getting her some roles.

Another note about Emma.  A close friend of mine was her body double on Zombieland.  She was said to be pretty easy to work with and generally fun to have on set.

deano_ue

good casting, but if the rumors are true he'll be going with gwen for a movie or 2 at least

i just keep praying for the bridge and the snap

cmdrkoenig67

Emma looks more like the sexpot that Mary Jane is supposed to be than Kiki Dunst ever did.  I also prefer Emma's darker, richer red hair color, as opposed to Kirsten's pale red tresses.

Dana

Here's a pic I amped up to see what she might look like...

docdelorean88

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on October 04, 2010, 10:14:00 PM
good casting, but if the rumors are true he'll be going with gwen for a movie or 2 at least

So do i. Gwen was really the only character that was portrayed well in part 3, but her intro was WAY too late. She just wasn't going to fit in anywhere. I know the neck snap would be seriously extreme to see in theatres, but i feel the movies need to step up a tad now that the series is being rebooted.
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

UnkoMan

Blah blah blah new Spider-Man. Blah blah blah Emma Stone is sort of my latest celebrity crush. Blah blah blah why don't they just use Spider-Man Blue as the inspiration for a new movie (or set of movies)? That way we get to see most of the classic villains (at least the animal themed ones) in one swoop. Blah blah blah I'll go out to see it no matter how good or bad it ends up.

deano_ue

Quote from: docdelorean88 on October 05, 2010, 04:44:52 PM

So do i. Gwen was really the only character that was portrayed well in part 3, but her intro was WAY too late. She just wasn't going to fit in anywhere. I know the neck snap would be seriously extreme to see in theatres, but i feel the movies need to step up a tad now that the series is being rebooted.

yeah but i have an utter hate for the character of gwen so i'm kinda sick in wanting to see the snap

Podmark

CBR is reporting that Emma Stone has been cast as Gwen, not MJ.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Mr. Hamrick

Previsionary

Marvel actually confirmed this earlier in the day.
Disappear when you least expe--

docdelorean88

I'm not all that excited about this, however i can picture her in both roles. Look at the housebunny. She played both Gwen and MJ in that movie. I'll probably be happy either way.

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: Podmark on October 05, 2010, 11:32:29 PM
CBR is reporting that Emma Stone has been cast as Gwen, not MJ.

LOL...Oops!  I'm not re-doing the photo.  :lol:

Dana

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on October 05, 2010, 09:26:38 PM
Quote from: docdelorean88 on October 05, 2010, 04:44:52 PM

yeah but i have an utter hate for the character of gwen so i'm kinda sick in wanting to see the snap

LOL...You really want to see that snap, TUE!  :lol:

Dana

BWPS

I hope after it happens, Green Goblin says "OH SNAP!"

Also he's played by Hugh Laurie.

Because they ended House before it got any more boring.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

TheMarvell

I like the casting, but I think she'd be a better MJ, personally. She's good at giving a sassy attitude (while not being overdone), which was always a characteristic of MJ. Gwen, on the other hand, was never all that interesting besides being Peters first "true love". In 3 she was strictly fan service, just like Venom. Meh.

If they write Gwen's role well, I'm all for it. I just hope she doesn't become "blonde MJ" which would be all too easy to do.

Uncle Yuan

"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

deano_ue

Reepicheep

docdelorean88

Thats the only one i could think of...unless he might be playing hobgoblin, but...hmmm. things start getting interesting.

docdelorean88

...hmm. I definitely can't see him as the role model Doctor Kurt Connors...Then again, i am not terribly familiar with this particular actor. Ah, well.