A weird but effective build I've got on a character

Started by GhostMachine, June 04, 2010, 06:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GhostMachine

A while back I was playing around and decided to see if I could build a fairly durable and effective character to play without limiting myself to just one or two powersets. The character I've come up with has turned out to be a fairly good combat machine, and that's with most powers still at lvl 1. She's level 21 right now.

I've written out the information by hand and am typing it in rather than using the Character Builder and just exporting. (There is someone patching Character Builder to make it current, but they're not totally through with it yet). If a power doesn't have a rank next to it, its still at level one.

Mariah Storm

Powers:

Radiance
Force Blast (Accelerated Metabolism)
Force Shield (Force Sheath)
Defensive Combo (Accelerated Metabolism)
Regeneration
Vicious Cyclone (Rank 3)
Iron Lariat (Kyoketsu Shoge)
Supernatural Power
Flight (Rank 2)

Super Stats: Recovery and Strength

Talents:

Inhuman
Agile
Finesse
Martial Focus
Accurate
Impresario
Worldy

Due to her talents and equipped items, her Dex and Con are higher than her Str (but not Rec) and her Str and End are the same score.

I do plan on giving her more Celestial powers and I think as far as Might is concerned, the only powers I'm considering are Mighty Leap and Enrage. Infernal SN, I'm only going to give her Resurgence and maybe Aspect of the Infernal. Am definitely done with Force powers, though, even though someone said I should go with Force Cascade (am going to go with the Celestial verion of Detonation).

lugaru

Very cool... I fought alongside a cool warrior woman with a similar build and she was doing most of the smashing along the way. (It was burial caverns)

Here are my tricks of the trade so far (I apologize in advance for recycling some that I mentioned in our previous build thread):

The Vocalist: Mostly Force but he has a little bit of mysticism thrown in. Here is his big power though... CRANKING IT TO 11!

Sonic Blast: Since his powers are based on his vocals I purchased Sonic Device + Deafening Dissolution. This means that if I use it with Force Eruption/Detonation it spawns a sonic explosion on every target of the blast. With 3 to 4 targets (and if they are minions) you can usually wipe 'em all in one blast. So yeah, you have a group of baddies... activate sonic device, shoot force detonation, pick up loot, move on.

Ultra Blast: Force Cascade + Gravitational Polarity (from Force Eruption) + Power Swell (from Field Surge) + Circle of Ebon Wrath (which I dont always use) can mean 4000+ damage if you get lucky against a boss style target. BAM, one and a half health bars gone.

Btw Vocalist has high Recovery to fuel these powers.