News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

The Amazanauts

Started by DrMike2000, March 31, 2010, 11:28:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrMike2000

Its like one of those Escher triangles...

Miss Amazing, the Z'Zen Empire and the Architect are all part of a consistent universe. The Architect sits in Fundament Zero, creating worlds that are often quite unstable. In one of his concrete worlds in Fundament Two, we have the Strangers and the Z'Zen Empire, as referenced by Afghan Ant's appearance in Navigator and also in the Strangers 2 scripts.

Ms. Amazing and the Life Star exist elsewhere. In their frame of reference, Miss Amazing and the Strangers universe was just a virtual reality used to train Ms. Amazing. Zandor and his staff make up stories like this for all the superhumans they grow, and then expose them to a traumatic retcon by shooting them in the universe/waking them up. However, Ms. Amazing seems quite familiar with the Z'Zen Empire, and vice versa.

Is the Z'Zen Empire real or isnt it?

Perhaps a good analogy is the Nazis. They were real in our world, and yet also appear in FF vs The Third Reich. The guys at Irrational used a real world organistion in slightly modified form in their fictional work. Zandor and his crew do the same, and feed a copy of the real (to them) Z'Zen Empire into Ms. Amazings early VR life inside the Omni-Opticon. This makes extra sense if its assumed she may well have to face them one day.

As for Z'od, the god of the Life Star, it's real in the Life Star framework. Unquestionably real, and provable by scientific experiment etc. Its not so much a God as a giant computer entity that creates Life Stars and attaches them to planets as part of its life cycle, like a giant insect laying eggs. Z'od is definitely superior to Zandor, he's just an articial humanoid "director" created by the Life Star to run experiments as part of upgrading the Earth.

The tricky bit is how these two universes meet. Is the Life Star universe another of the Architect's universes within Fundament Two? Probably. That makes a lot of sense, since Sarasvati was able to access them both, and she comes from the more abstract realm of Fundament One, home to Negasus and other such "iconic" ideas.

Omniville is another parallel world in Fundament Two. The Planck Epoch and End of Time could be the start and end of any of these universes.

Yep, that's it, the official line. Miss Amazing and Ms. Amazing are from parallel universes, which are linked by one of them having fictional status in the other. Both are creations of the Architect. So the over-arching structure laid out in Navigator still holds, and all the Amazanauts fit inside it.

Thanks for making me sort this out. :)
Stranger Than Fiction:
The Strangers, Tales of the Navigator and Freedom Force X
www.fundamentzero.com

UAF

That's pretty much what I understood from it all, so you did your story-telling right in the game (As usual :) ).

Anyway, I was thinking a bit.

About Omniville  - there's no guarantee that the residence would be happy when their contracts with OmniCorp would be nullified. After all many people wouldn't mind secured life without worry. Omniville seems like a sory of Utopia, in a way. Everyone know their place, everyone have a job and have a planned out future. No misfits there apart of Emma Possible...

About the End of Time - as I said the next thing to happen is the battle between The Navigator and the Golorious Shining Engine (which would be cool to watch from the side). And the previous time The Navigator destroyed one of those with his pick the remainds were rather powerful Orgone Eggs. So there is defiantly enery to gather there if The Amazonauts will wait for the battle to end...

I hope you don't mind me generating ideas like that. :)
Just my own version of "what if"

Volsung

A DrMike2000&AfghanAnt project? :blink:
I Must Get it as soon as possible !!!

Stuff  hosted by the courtesy of http://www.freedom-asylum.co.uk/

Volsung

Quote2) If you don't have the Freedom Force 1.3 Patch, download it and run it first.

It failed on my european steam version :/
"FF got to be installed first"

Stuff  hosted by the courtesy of http://www.freedom-asylum.co.uk/

DrMike2000

I dont think you need the patch on a Steam version.

Can anyone else with Steam confirm or deny that?
I should go and modify that, its not too clear on my website.

Oh, and UAF, how could I mind you generating ideas? You seem to know my universe better than I do. That's pretty awesome. :)
Stranger Than Fiction:
www.fundamentzero.com

Blkcasanova247

Hey how goes this project? Sorry to necro...but I was curious how this was doing now that AA has announced his "official" retirement. :(
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Blkcasanova247 on July 07, 2010, 06:41:52 PM
Hey how goes this project? Sorry to necro...but I was curious how this was doing now that AA has announced his "official" retirement. :(

Lol this was released months ago. http://www.fundamentzero.com/amazanauts/index.htm

Blkcasanova247

And this is the part where I feel completely embarrassed and back outta the room like an IDIOT! :doh:

BentonGrey

Hehe, at least you're an idiot with a shiny new copy of the Amazanauts! :P
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Blkcasanova247

DrMike2000

Speaking of very true...

http://io9.com/5491452/physicists-move-one-step-closer-to-discovering-the-anti+you

A 3-dimensional periodic table! (only one more dimension to go...) And the additional axis they are using is strangeness?

Remember, you heard it from me first.. :)
Stranger Than Fiction:
www.fundamentzero.com

Epimethee

From whom else do you expert us to tale our fundamental science fix from, anyway Dr? ;)

...Interesting.
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com