DC Animated: Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths

Started by Midnite, September 15, 2009, 04:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trelau

Quote from: BWPS on January 20, 2010, 06:37:45 AM
Yeah that is weird...oh! You know what? I bet it's because he can't breathe outside of water for more than an hour. Yeah, that's probably it.
Well that's a low blow ^^ Besides, they have secondary characters that are way lamer. The timmverse worked hard to make aquaman cool again. The Brave and the Bold, while portraying him as corny, still made him a powerful hero and reccuring character. So i would have liked to see Aquaman in this movie too.

BWPS

Quote from: Trelau on January 20, 2010, 11:23:49 AM
Yeah that is weird...oh! You know what? I bet it's because he can't breathe outside of water for more than an hour. Yeah, that's probably it.
Well that's a low blow ^^ Besides, they have secondary characters that are way lamer. The timmverse worked hard to make aquaman cool again. The Brave and the Bold, while portraying him as corny, still made him a powerful hero and reccuring character. So i would have liked to see Aquaman in this movie too.
Well I meant it in jest. If he were real, I wouldn't be mean. I used to watch a lot of the old 60s cartoons on vhs as a kid and I loved them but they are extremely goofy. I guess I always think of Aquaman as THE most powerful hero on 75% of the Earth's surface but completely pointless to have on missions with the JL on land. But I guess he can breathe air and use his telepathy on humans now, huh?
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

BentonGrey

Quote from: BWPS on January 20, 2010, 07:36:19 PM
Well I meant it in jest. If he were real, I wouldn't be mean. I used to watch a lot of the old 60s cartoons on vhs as a kid and I loved them but they are extremely goofy. I guess I always think of Aquaman as THE most powerful hero on 75% of the Earth's surface but completely pointless to have on missions with the JL on land. But I guess he can breathe air and use his telepathy on humans now, huh?

Actually, BWPS, he's been able to use his telepathy on humans ever since the Silver Age, and the one hour limit was phased out in the late 60's, early 70's.  Check THIS out:
http://freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=50451.0

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Talavar

But is he the most powerful hero on 75% of the Earth's surface (ie. the oceans)?  Because I would think, even underwater, Superman is more powerful.  And Green Lantern.  Provided some means of breathing so are Wonder Woman and the Flash, and about 3/4s to half of the Justice League's entire roster over the years.

Now, I know power level does not necessarily equal a good character, but whenever Aquaman gets disparaged, that's what his fan(s) typically bring up - that his powers don't actually suck.  While that is true, they're not exactly great or unique powers either.

kkhohoho

Quote from: Talavar on January 20, 2010, 10:31:45 PM

But is he the most powerful hero on 75% of the Earth's surface (ie. the oceans)?  Because I would think, even underwater, Superman is more powerful.  And Green Lantern.  Provided some means of breathing so are Wonder Woman and the Flash, and about 3/4s to half of the Justice League's entire roster over the years.

Now, I know power level does not necessarily equal a good character, but whenever Aquaman gets disparaged, that's what his fan(s) typically bring up - that his powers don't actually suck.  While that is true, they're not exactly great or unique powers either.

What about that fancy water hand?
The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203

BentonGrey

Quote from: Talavar on January 20, 2010, 10:31:45 PM

Classically, Aquaman is the equal to Wonder Woman.  He even trounced her CSA counterpart.  She's been really overvalued in the last twenty years.  Still, I've always liked that he wasn't Superman level.  He's powerful, has a unique setting and a great supporting cast (before they killed all of them and/or made them all crazy), and most of all, was heroic.  Giant monster threatening the people he's protecting?  Well, it's even more heroic that he faces it without an eye twitch because he ISN'T Superman. 
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Midnite

World's Finest Review
Spoilers are hidden in the review. Need to highlight the section to read spoilers.

ghazkul

Hmm, I like that they've put Martian Manhunter in his One Year Later costume. Also, how many cameos of earth3 villains are there in this film??? I've spotted Vibe, Plastic man, Gypsy (who looks like she can make herself intangible), Black Lightning, a cat based ninja I don't recognise, Green Arrow, Vixen (who seems to be a shapeshifter in the film), Halo and hey even have the Jokester!!!

kkhohoho

The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203

ghazkul

Actually he's shown on the teaser video. He's shown on a storyboard page and as a base animation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6h0oFNNrVk
Check it out 43 seconds in.

jtharris86

BentonGrey

Quote from: Midnite on January 29, 2010, 02:15:48 AM
This will make someone happy.  ^_^

:spoiler:
Spoiler

View Jewell's interview with Lauren Montgomery here

At least he's in it...even if it is as an afterthought....jerks.  <_<

Quote from: jtharris86 on January 29, 2010, 03:09:34 AM
Quote from: Midnite on January 29, 2010, 02:15:48 AM
This will make someone happy.  ^_^

Spoiler

View Jewell's interview with Lauren Montgomery here

Spoiler
Lol, Aquaman = Comic book version of The Little Mermaid

You be quiet. :P  I get what she's saying, aquatic characters are especially appealing to some crazy people, like myself.
God Bless

Midnite

3 confirmed DC animated shorts: Spectre, Jonah Hex and Green Arrow!  Most are 10-12mins. in length but the 4th one is said to be 22mins!  :thumbup:
Video interview

Midnite

BentonGrey

Entire freakin' League sans Aquaman...... :angry:

Anyway, he just sounds like a pale imitation of Conroy, like he's trying to impersonate him but can't quite pull it off.  The others sound good.
God Bless

Trelau

Wow...batman looks old. He sounds odd too, but i guess in a 90 minutes movie i could get into his voice but...man he looks old.

thalaw2

Quote from: BentonGrey on February 11, 2010, 04:38:06 AM

Anyway, he just sounds like a pale imitation of Conroy, like he's trying to impersonate him but can't quite pull it off.  The others sound good.

I love you man!  Stick right by Aquaman till the very ends.  If there is ever an Aquaman move I hope you get a cameo, if not a co-starring role.
革命不会被电视转播

BWPS

Quote from: thalaw2 on February 11, 2010, 04:40:15 PM

Anyway, he just sounds like a pale imitation of Conroy, like he's trying to impersonate him but can't quite pull it off.  The others sound good.

I love you man!  Stick right by Aquaman till the very ends.  If there is ever an Aquaman move I hope you get a cameo, if not a co-starring role.
Whoa, can BG act? Let's have HIM play Aquaman. Though he'd probably end up turning the role down because he's an inch too short and his eyes are the wrong color.

Ok, I have no room to say anything. But I say it all with the utmost respect for his aquanerdrage.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

JeyNyce

I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

BentonGrey

Quote from: BWPS on February 11, 2010, 04:43:20 PM
Quote from: thalaw2 on February 11, 2010, 04:40:15 PM

Anyway, he just sounds like a pale imitation of Conroy, like he's trying to impersonate him but can't quite pull it off.  The others sound good.

I love you man!  Stick right by Aquaman till the very ends.  If there is ever an Aquaman move I hope you get a cameo, if not a co-starring role.
Whoa, can BG act? Let's have HIM play Aquaman. Though he'd probably end up turning the role down because he's an inch too short and his eyes are the wrong color.

Ok, I have no room to say anything. But I say it all with the utmost respect for his aquanerdrage.

Nope, I'd turn it down because my hair's the wrong color........Aqualad, however...... ^_^
God Bless

JeyNyce

Saw the movie and it wasn't bad.  The ending could have been better.  I'm not going to spoil it but I want to state a few things:

Spoiler
When did the Crime Syndicate became a mafia?

LOTS of cameos!  The only downside I can see to the film are the voices

Midnite

Quote from: JeyNyce on February 18, 2010, 09:09:50 PM
Saw the movie and it wasn't bad.  The ending could have been better.  I'm not going to spoil it but I want to state a few things:

Spoiler

LOTS of cameos!  The only downside I can see to the film are the voices

Spoiler
Since you seen it, did you think WW and GL killed those henchmen at the warehouse. Bats indirect killing of Johnny Quick? I thought the VAs were fine. Movie could of been better if it was based on Earth 2 storyline.

herodad1

stumpy

Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

JeyNyce

Quote from: Midnite on February 18, 2010, 09:52:19 PM
Quote from: JeyNyce on February 18, 2010, 09:09:50 PM
Saw the movie and it wasn't bad.  The ending could have been better.  I'm not going to spoil it but I want to state a few things:

Spoiler

LOTS of cameos!  The only downside I can see to the film are the voices

Spoiler
Since you seen it, did you think WW and GL killed those henchmen at the warehouse. Bats indirect killing of Johnny Quick? I thought the VAs were fine. Movie could of been better if it was based on Earth 2 storyline.
Spoiler
I they did indirectly, the whole building blew up.  But for the record, Harkgirl, Manhunter, Jester, Johnny Quick & Owlman died

docdelorean88

Quote from: Midnite on February 11, 2010, 01:57:48 AM
Bats/Flash clip

Wow, I'm not impressed with Baldwin's Batman.
When i saw it with the animation, i was not crazy about it. I think he has a fair voice, but the interpretation of batman, being so outgoing and  not in the shadow is not correct for the delivery presented by Baldwin.
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

steamteck

I enjoyed it. Batman's voice wasn't quite up to the legacy of Kevin Conroy but it was still pretty good. My wife did comment she thought the voice acting in general wasn't quite up to par. It needed to take a breath and give more than just Martian Manhunter a character arc though. The fight scenes are tremendous and quite clever. There were a few characters even i didn't quite recognize.

freegentile

And, Benton, I like you, always suffer from the League-minus-me complex. Where's Captain Marvel? SHAZAM! Hello?!! Man, I mean where the floor-moppin' power when you need it? :)  I did note that the "Made Men" or whoever the guys who have the yellow sashes around their waist, do smack of Black Adam quite a bit. There was a clip where several of them attacked the league in the sky & smashed thru several of GL's shields. There was even a junior member who looked like he was in the role of Captain Marvel Jr. It wasn't lookin' good for the good guys @ that point. Write in Captain Marvel, I tell ya.