Converting hero file from the base game to V3R

Started by AnarchistsXe, August 11, 2009, 08:30:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnarchistsXe

stumpy

FFvT3R can read FF hero files. Just put them in the appropriate folder. See the Game FAQ for some notes on where what is.

For the most part, there is little adjustment to the hero files needed. Of course, that some powers (active defenses, etc.) don't work exactly the same as they did before. And, the EP cost settings that are no longer available in FFvT3R (Minor, Trace, etc.) may not show up properly in the new game's GUI, but they should still work the same in the game.

Keep in mind that making a change to a power in an FF hero file in the new game will tend to change any settings not available in the new game to a setting that exists in FFvT3R. For example, if you have a power designed to use Minor EP cost and you edit the stun setting in the new game, the EP cost setting will likely be set to None.
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

GogglesPizanno

If you wanted to do actual conversions, you can use EZHero from Alex's site.
It will let you save from one format to another, along with a whole host of other hero file editing.

AnarchistsXe

Ok, I moved all my heroes over, and none of them can be seen when I go through the hero menu. How do I convert them with Alex's EZHero?

stumpy

By "none of them can be seen", what do you mean, exactly? When you first go to the Characters page in the game, are you saying that they don't show up on the list of custom heroes on the left? Do the hero names show up, but nothing is in the window where the mesh normally is? Etc.

Have you installed the custom meshes that the hero files require into FFvT3R?

When you moved the hero files, did you see the other hero files for the custom heroes you have created within FFvT3R?
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

AnarchistsXe