News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

monster maniac

Started by bearded, June 17, 2009, 04:31:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearded

i'm going to put the classic monsters in my campaign, and i was wondering what other's(you), thought about power levels.
should they be above average, they way they are in the stories, or more superhuman, to compete with spiderman?  how would you do it?
like, wolfman on his own is probably a str of 5, but maybe in marvel, he would be a 7?

herodad1

wolfman would be 4 or 5.

Scorpion13mk2

When I make them for  :ff:, I give The Monster (Frankenstein) 5 str, body material of wood (afraid of Fire, remember) and a passive defense that almost always (95%) absorbs electrical attacks. He strong, but not Hulk strong. I also give him the Berserker attribute.

The Wolfman gets a strength of 3, but good slashing attacks.

Dracula gets a 4 strength and wood material, along with a short range hypnosis, a ranged bat attack with low piercing, high stun and homing. he also gets a summon fog blinding area attack and a weakish lightning bolt direct attack. I also let him turn into fog (intangibility).

Since most of the old timey are impervious to bullets and normal level physical attacks, but afraid/weak against fire, I give most of them the wood material. They turned out pretty good.

wickerman

I always give vamps noctural attribute too.  You could probably alter the solar powered attribute as well to make them weaker during the day.  I was going to do that once and never got around to it.

Come to think of it, it might be in FFX already - hafta check...
The Wickerman - creator of the Metal Storm Mod -
[img]http://webzoom.freewebs.com/wickermanim/cw.jpg[/img]

Epimethee

IIRC Stumpy has posted code for this a while ago.
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com