Main Menu

Pet Peeves

Started by Tomato, June 20, 2009, 03:00:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reepicheep

Quote from: stonecold on June 26, 2009, 10:44:19 AM
Quote from: AfghanAnt on June 26, 2009, 04:48:36 AM
Quote from: stonecold on June 26, 2009, 04:32:16 AM
The second is when people spell words like color or armor with a u.  I mean get with freakin the program.  The people in the 1800s spelled color like colour.

That is how most non-North Americans spell the word. I'm actually sort of guilty of this (not with color but with words like "analogue", "modelling" and "dialogue" where I was taught to spell them in British English.

What I'm trying to say is, you're being unfair with that pet peeve unless you hate accents, the metrics system, and foreigners in general.

Cheers!

I am from North America, and I had no idea that foreigners spelled the words like that.  All I am saying is that is how I was raised to spell them and it kind of bugs me when people don't spell them like that.  I don't have anything against anybody.

Its a British thing. We like bunging u's into our wourds.

(Then, you gotta ask yourselves, do you really pronounce it armor, as in 'or'. Nor do we pronounce it armour as in as in our. If anything, it should be spelled armuh. Language sucks.)

daglob

Quote from: Courtnall6 on June 26, 2009, 01:58:41 PM

QuoteThe final pet peeve of mine is when hair looks flat on a skin's head (note that I am guilty of this as well since I'm a noob skinner).  I mean some of the skins look like the heroes got their head tattooed to look like they have hair.  Just sayin.

That use to look weird to me at the beginning too...but I don't even notice the difference anymore. I often prefer to skin "tattoo" hair....that way I have full control of the style I want.

The thing is, it's hard  to see a lot of details in the game. You see a lot more in Chaacter Tool. You can model and shade the hair so that it's not really noticiable that it's "painted" on. And, as C6 states, you have more control over exactly how it looks.

UnfluffyBunny

Quote from: Reepicheep on June 26, 2009, 03:15:57 PM
Quote from: stonecold on June 26, 2009, 10:44:19 AM
Quote from: AfghanAnt on June 26, 2009, 04:48:36 AM
Quote from: stonecold on June 26, 2009, 04:32:16 AM
The second is when people spell words like color or armor with a u.  I mean get with freakin the program.  The people in the 1800s spelled color like colour.

That is how most non-North Americans spell the word. I'm actually sort of guilty of this (not with color but with words like "analogue", "modelling" and "dialogue" where I was taught to spell them in British English.

What I'm trying to say is, you're being unfair with that pet peeve unless you hate accents, the metrics system, and foreigners in general.

Cheers!

I am from North America, and I had no idea that foreigners spelled the words like that.  All I am saying is that is how I was raised to spell them and it kind of bugs me when people don't spell them like that.  I don't have anything against anybody.

Its a British thing. We like bunging u's into our wourds.

(Then, you gotta ask yourselves, do you really pronounce it armor, as in 'or'. Nor do we pronounce it armour as in as in our. If anything, it should be spelled armuh. Language sucks.)

mr icheep is right, the americans removed the u from alot of words because you're all lazy bums :P after all, it is "the queen's english" and all *sits smugly* :P
now lets all sit around and learn the correct pronounciation of "aluminium" *dives for cover*

on topic, it's a comic genre game, therefore I forgive anatomical errors and blame it on good 'ol Rob