News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Elderscrolls IV:O-bleh-vion

Started by Uncle Yuan, June 06, 2009, 02:41:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NomadX

My main problem with Oblivion is the odd leveling system. Basically, you're not supposed to choose any of the main skills you like as your primaries or you'll level too fast. So if you want to be a sword user, you have to pick Blunt or Hand to Hand so you don't level. I cheesed the game anyways, using 100% Chameleon armor and by leveling weapons on my horse (with difficulty set to max so it wouldn't die).

Uncle Yuan

I've been doing some research on leveling with a mind towards trying the game again - and that is basically the problem.  Do the obvious thing - pick the skills that represent your character - and you run a serious risk of nerfing your character.  The more I look into it the more convinced I am that in order to level effectively you have metagame just way too much.  Breaks the game as far as I'm concerned.
"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

The Phantom Eyebrow

What I did when my characters showed signs of being nerfed was (and this might lose me some hardcore points here), i would reduce the difficulty level a smidge.

One of my fave characters was a custom class one, with sword skills and destructive and restorative spells (i.e. skills I used a lot).  By about level 8 or 9 he hit the wall.  However, once I dialled the difficulty down the tiniest little amount, and it was great!  Still difficult, but doable. 

GhostMachine

Picked up the Game of the Year edition, but haven't installed it yet. (I haven't been able to get on the computer since I got it until now!)

Are there any good mods for it out there?

steamteck

Quote from: GhostMachine on August 10, 2009, 04:03:06 AM
Picked up the Game of the Year edition, but haven't installed it yet. (I haven't been able to get on the computer since I got it until now!)

Are there any good mods for it out there?

There are literally 1000s here many are VERY good.

http://www.tesnexus.com/