News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Champions Online

Started by RTTingle, February 09, 2009, 06:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Core

Quote from: BentonGrey on September 04, 2009, 03:19:10 PM
No intrest in a Freedom Force themed SG?

I'm interested. Are you thinking a Freedom Force themed name, tribute characters, and/or characters with origins related to energy x?

I actually was fiddling around with the character creator, trying to make the Ant and Minuteman.
I'm a street-walking cheetah with a heart of napalm!

BentonGrey

I was thinking about actual FF characters.  I would definitely like to play as Man 'O War, Microwave, and The Ant. :D
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Xenolith

I think Freedom Society sounds neat.  Like I said before, I'll make a big, burley brawler.

Uncle Yuan

Oooo - dibs on El D!

I'm not sure about this game, my lap top is borderline on the specs.  My processor is better than the min but less than the recommended.  I'm waiting for the XBox version to get reviewed before I make a final decision on which system I will go with.  Does anyone know if the servers will overlap and if accounts are transferable?  I might contemplate trying it on the PC if I knew I could easily switch if it sucks.

Also, anyone with more tech smarts than me care to hazard a guess on how it will do on my lap top?  My CPU is a Intel Core 2Duo 2gightz.  Video card is NVIDEA GeForce 8500.

"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

Xenolith

Oh, oh, I understand.  My favorite character is a bad guy though.  Pan.  Could I run him?

BentonGrey

Quote from: Xenolith on September 04, 2009, 08:08:37 PM
I think Freedom Society sounds neat.  Like I said before, I'll make a big, burley brawler.

I believe that the Titans have pretty much agreed that it is fine for the CO SU to be Freedom Reborn.

Quote from: Uncle Yuan on September 04, 2009, 08:12:35 PM
Oooo - dibs on El D!

I'm not sure about this game, my lap top is borderline on the specs.  My processor is better than the min but less than the recommended.  I'm waiting for the XBox version to get reviewed before I make a final decision.  Does anyone know if the servers will overlap and if accounts are transferable?  I might contemplate trying it on the PC if I knew I could easily switch if it sucks.

Welcome aboard, UY!  Ha, I would love to be able to do a few adventures with a large FF cast. :D

Ha, well, I think it would be quite weird to play Pan as a hero...but I suppose so.  I'm gonna' pretend like I have any right to be calling the shots and make a rule that you'd have to have an Forcer as well. ;)

I'm going to call Man 'O War, but if no one calls Microwave or Mentor I'll have them as alts.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Core

Argh! How could I forget about Man'o'war?!

I'm definitely going to see how close I can get with the character creator when I get home.

I'm thinking I will try the Ant (I haven't tried tunnel travel yet), Bullet, and... Crimson Dynamo!(EDIT: Brain fart. I mean Supercollider)

Oh! I'm gonna see how a Blackjack would look too.

CO doesn't have any problems with characters having the same names across different accounts so if anyone wants to play the same characters, we could just make multiples and switch around so there are no doubles in action at the same time. That was a long sentence. Hopefully it makes sense.

Normally I am pretty peeved when I see actual characters in these games, but since it's Freedom Force, I'm totally stoked!

UnfluffyBunny

for the record, my personal preference is on not using "freedom reborn"

BentonGrey

Make sure you post some pictures Core!  My copy won't get in for a week, so I fully intend to live vicariously through you!  Yeah, I suppose there is no reason we can't all play the same characters, but I figure we can sorta' call our "primary" character.  That way, if two people have, say, Minute Man, then we won't have to figure out who gets him.  I'll found the Freedom Force group when I get in game.

Yeah, I don't care to see clones running around, but come on, we're not talking about Wolverine, Iron Man, or Hulk here.  We're talking about Freedom Force, and no one is going to recognize or care except us.

I'm super excited!  Now that I have a real job, I can actually afford to play a game like this month to month.  Here's hoping it is as awesome as it should be.
God Bless

Tortuga

Quote from: BentonGrey on September 04, 2009, 08:37:20 PM
Quote from: Xenolith on September 04, 2009, 08:08:37 PM
I think Freedom Society sounds neat.  Like I said before, I'll make a big, burley brawler.

I believe that the Titans have pretty much agreed that it is fine for the CO SU to be Freedom Reborn.

No one is opposed to it, so I'd say it's fine.  I believe a Freedom Reborn sg will be founded by one of the Titans for those of you who want one.

UnfluffyBunny

any chance for a subforum here in other games for CO discussion then if there's gonna be an "official" FR setup? would be good to have seperate threads for things like player handles and build discussions without clogging up other games

Core

Quote from: UnfluffyBunny on September 04, 2009, 11:24:04 PM
any chance for a subforum here in other games for CO discussion then if there's gonna be an "official" FR setup? would be good to have seperate threads for things like player handles and build discussions without clogging up other games

Seconded.

Also, Tunnel Travel is way cool!

And finally,
Spoiler

I think of all the options at my disposal, this looked the best, and the huge guy stance is perfect for him when running.

Figure Fan

Yeah, I think a separate forum might be a good idea.

Figure Fan

And..WOW! That looks just like The Ant! I sooooo want this game.

Alaric

We really need to do something about organizing our community in-game, including forming at least one SG. I'm starting a separate thread to list our CO handles, so we have them all in one easy-to-find place- we should also set up an in-game chat channel.

As far as SGs go, according to the super group tab in-game, we need to have a five-member team, all on the same map, in order to form one- one member would speak with a SG contact- there's one in Champions HQ, and I think their may be a couple of others in other zones.

As for SG details-

Quote from: JeyNyce on September 04, 2009, 01:56:54 AM
Without getting way off topic here, I rather that we don't use Freedom Reborn.  It's used in COH and here at the forums.  Let be a sister SG.  COH has Frredom Reborn & CO has Freedom Society.  Think of it as the same team but in 2 different universe.

Actually, the Freedom Reborn SG in CoH- the one that's actually called freedom Reborn- hasn't been all that active, as far as I know, for a long time now. Thanks to the global FR & NRF channel, the in-game CoH FR community has become more important than any specific SG. That being the case, I don't see the "Freedom Reborn" name as being all that closely connected to CoH these days.

Having said that, I really like the "Freedom Society" name, and I don't see any particular reason why even a "semi-official" FR group has to be named "Freedom Reborn".

Quote from: BentonGrey on September 04, 2009, 03:19:10 PM
No intrest in a Freedom Force themed SG?

Well, technically, I believe all those characters are the registered property of another company, so I believe using them would technically be against CO's official . Of course, given the relatively-less-well-known nature of the characters, there's a good chance that you could get away with it- plenty of people seem to be getting away with worse- but all it might take would be one person reporting you...

In any case, I'd personally prefer to come up with my own characters, as well as the occasional personal interpretation of a non-copyrighted public domain or legendary character. Besides, given the difficulty we're having starting a group, it would probably be best to avoid "themed" groups for now, and just form a group people can out whatever characters they want to into. That's my opinion, of course.
Fear the "A"!!!

BentonGrey

Quote from: Alaric on September 05, 2009, 01:39:35 AM
Well, technically, I believe all those characters are the registered property of another company, so I believe using them would technically be against CO's official . Of course, given the relatively-less-well-known nature of the characters, there's a good chance that you could get away with it- plenty of people seem to be getting away with worse- but all it might take would be one person reporting you...

In any case, I'd personally prefer to come up with my own characters, as well as the occasional personal interpretation of a non-copyrighted public domain or legendary character. Besides, given the difficulty we're having starting a group, it would probably be best to avoid "themed" groups for now, and just form a group people can out whatever characters they want to into. That's my opinion, of course.

Of course they are trademarked, Alaric.  However, I seriously doubt IG would ever come after their loyal fans, and I also doubt that anyone would ever know/care who these characters are, other than us (we aren't likely to report one another).  If someone does report...well, I suppose that is always a risk, but I can live with it since it is likely to be very small.

As far as making original characters, like I've already said, I'm going to be playing MY characters, like The Rogue and Ulysses predominately, but I do think it would be a lot of fun to play as the FF occasionally.  I would certainly join an FR supergroup, but I also intend to start this FF themed group as well.  Feel free to make an alt of a FFer and join us....whenever I get in game. :D
God Bless

Alaric

Quote from: BentonGrey on September 05, 2009, 03:04:40 AMFeel free to make an alt of a FFer and join us....whenever I get in game. :D

But... there's no Radioactive framework in the game, as yet! How could I possibly make Microwave with no radiation powers?!?  ;)
Fear the "A"!!!

Tortuga

Might I suggest adding a Champions Online subforum to the existing CoH one?  Personally, I think the separate subforums in CoH/V are no longer necessary, and CO isn't big enough yet to warrant separate forums, so it would simply look like this...

Forum title: City of Heroes/Villains and Champions Online
CoH/V General Discussion
Champions General Discussion

If certain topics start to take over General Discussion, new subforums could be added.  Too much separation, however, gives the impression that the forum is somewhat dead.

Just an idea.

Tortuga

Quote from: Alaric on September 05, 2009, 04:03:33 AM
Quote from: BentonGrey on September 05, 2009, 03:04:40 AMFeel free to make an alt of a FFer and join us....whenever I get in game. :D

But... there's no Radioactive framework in the game, as yet! How could I possibly make Microwave with no radiation powers?!?  ;)

Couldn't you mess with the power colours to make them look more...radiant?

BentonGrey

Ha, yeah, I suppose you probably could.  You're a Microwave fan, hmm? :)

The subforum idea works for me.
God Bless

Core

Quote from: Alaric on September 05, 2009, 04:03:33 AM

But... there's no Radioactive framework in the game, as yet! How could I possibly make Microwave with no radiation powers?!?  ;)

There's a lot of power replacements out there. It's possible that one would provide radiation damage to Energy powers.

I'm on the look out for a toxic grenade. I'll keep an eye out for radiation stuff too.

deanjo2000

Is it possible to make say the juggernaut?
I ask coz im going to get it and would like to know how versatile the create a hero system is.
Obviously im going to make my avatar but if the juggernaut can be made then im sold :D
For some reason his is a look i always test out in games???
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

UnfluffyBunny

Quote from: Tortuga on September 05, 2009, 04:10:21 AM
Might I suggest adding a Champions Online subforum to the existing CoH one?  Personally, I think the separate subforums in CoH/V are no longer necessary, and CO isn't big enough yet to warrant separate forums, so it would simply look like this...

CoH/V General Discussion

If certain topics start to take over General Discussion, new subforums could be added.  Too much separation, however, gives the impression that the forum is somewhat dead.

Just an idea.

yah I was just thinking a champions discussion child board thing but here in other games rather than in the coh section

Alaric

Quote from: UnfluffyBunny on September 05, 2009, 11:57:02 AM
Quote from: Tortuga on September 05, 2009, 04:10:21 AM

CoH/V General Discussion

Just an idea.

yah I was just thinking a champions discussion child board thing but here in other games rather than in the coh section

That makes sense to me.
Fear the "A"!!!

Reepicheep

I'm happy with Tort's suggestion, provided CO actually does get a space to chatter in. It would be nice to access it straight from the FR main index rather than having to go through a child forum here.

I hate all the clickin', yasee.

Microwave: A mix of the fire, energy and PA powers, made to look yellower could look good.

I've got Mentor!!!

Alaric

Quote from: Reepicheep on September 05, 2009, 01:45:21 PM

Microwave: A mix of the fire, energy and PA powers, made to look yellower could look good.

That's more or less what I was thinking... There's no actual "energy" framework, though some of the Force powers are close enough to generic energy blasts, I guess...
Fear the "A"!!!

UnkoMan

I don't know if I'm too keen on a FF in game team. Especially because if you are reported they do have every right to force you to change your character. This is even grounds for closing an account. Besides, the Ant's already gone, and done quite well at that. ...although I could make a pretty sweet Tombstone.

How many people are actually planning to use their FR avatars for an FR team (and I do like "Freedom Society" a bit more, actually)? Or are folks making up different characters? I was thinking of trying to start a super sentai inspired team.

Reepicheep

Spoiler

He was kinda tricky... annoyingly, there doesn't seem to be an arms only pattern on the torso... I may have overlooked the armbands/barehands combo too, but this was the best I could find.

Also, no tight shorts. I'm appalled.

Edit: He seems to have misplaced his cape...

Alaric

Okay- since most of the possible group names that have been mentioned contain the word "freedom", I created a "Freedom" in-game global chat channel. Currently, it's public, so anyone can join, I think.

To join:

1) Click on the speech balloon icon in the lower left of the screen.

2) Choose "Chat settings..."

3) Choose "Channels"

4) Where it says "Join/Create", enter Freedom

5) Hit the "join" button.

That should do it.
Fear the "A"!!!

UnkoMan

Welp, now I know you can't pick a skull WITH a cowl. Which seems strange to me.