News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Champions Online

Started by RTTingle, February 09, 2009, 06:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnkoMan

Yes! I love takes on more obscure characters like that. Ronan! Awesome!

electro

Ronan was my first lvl 50 Toon in CoH
Green suit
Spoiler
Purple suit - from captain marvel saga
Spoiler
Annhilation saga outfit (sorry for no front shot on this one my CoH account is no longer usefull to grab another pic)
Spoiler

I wish the Champions team would release more videos of the game since it's comming out in a month - Has anyone seen any fottage  of Space missions yet? :blink:

Courtnall6

Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

BentonGrey

Yeah, that seemed likely.  I'm glad they finally officially announced it.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

electro

BentonGrey

By the way, nice Ronan.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

UnkoMan

On the other hand, have you folks been looking at these latest screenshots?

http://www.champions-online.com/screenshots

This is actually looking pretty sweet. The art style looks a lot better now. Just got to wait and see how it actually plays.

But, I mean... luchadores.

BentonGrey

So.....I had a shot at a Beta key because of a contest at Ctl Alt Del, and I thought that there was a pretty good chance I might be able to get it.  If I had seen it with more time remaining, I might have at that.  As it was, with only two hours before the deadline, I sat down and submitted expanded versions of the origins and descriptions of both The Rogue and The Count.  The plan was to also submit a new character, as well as several more of my Liberty Bay ideas, but I simply ran out of time.  You can see the submissions that won on the comic's homepage, and there are certainly some very creative and unique ideas there.  Still, I'm disappointed.  I was hoping I'd be able to give this game a test drive.  
God Bless

Midnite

Does anyone want to play in the closed Beta?

RTTingle

Id love to play...

Give it a fair shot so to speak.

BentonGrey

Me too!  My gaming group is trying to decide whether or not we want to try it out.  I'd really love a chance to see if it was worth our while.
God Bless

UnkoMan

Well I finally got that parallels, but forgot to reapply until just now actually.

But I would loooove to check this game out. Presuming it works with this.

DMenacer

I'm starting in it this wed.
Left to Right: Canine Crypto-Robin Hoodlem-Nurse Nitengale-Knight Star-Doc Medic-Super Sentry
[img]http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ddwyatt/MyChars.jpg[/img]
Right to Left: Striper the Grimlin-Sargent Major-Demonic HellRaiser-Shogun Ninja Master-Demoness Diva-DMenacer

BentonGrey

<------------------Jealous. :P
God Bless

Tortuga

<---- Been in it since early alpha.  :P

Midnite

Xenolith

I'll be on tonight. 

My character is called Spartan X.

They are testing a new energy system tonight so that aspect of the game might be a little glitchy.

Trelau

hum...i don't know if I read that right, but the game is gonna cost you 200 bucks for a lifetime subscription? plus the price of the actual boxed game? has the world gone crazy or does this price seems fair and realistic (in a "kids would totally spend 200 bucks for my game" way)
i know a MMO cost a lot to stay alive (daily repairs on the servers, patchs and update monthly, new storyline/quest twice a year, plus forum to mod...) but who in their right mind would spend 200$ hoping to get a lifetime fun with the kind of game. if the MMO flops (and it might) or lose suddenly a lot of players (DCUO coming soon) the support is gonna become thin...plus lifetime mean 5 years top, until the champion2 arrive or the game is dead anyway
i really don't how they're gonna sell this

MJB

Let's say that Champions does in fact last 5 years. A person who opted to buy the lifetime membership would have, in effect, payed $40 a year for their subscription. Compare that to the average MMO subscription fee of $180 a year and there's your selling point.

There is no guarantee that CO will last 5 years. Heck, it may last anywhere between a couple months to 10 years. Who knows. If Champions lasts longer than a few years then that $200 lifetime membership becomes a bargin.

Trelau

yeah but...well in my minf you have to pay the 200$ right now, you can pay it in 10 times over ten month, right? because i can take 20/40$ off my budget to pay a mmo, but i don't have 200$ in advance to pay the first month.
i've never paid for a mmo (nothing illegal, i just play "free" mmo like rappelz where you only need to pay if you want to get powerful or have fun items) but still in my mind, if i want to stop playing for one month and then restart, i can stop paying for one month and then restart
so 200$ in one payment is a bet that you're gonna play at least X month worth of game, and for a mmo noone has ever played it's quite a bet

MJB

You are absolutely correct. Paying the $200 up front is a gamble on how much you will end up playing and on how long the game will last.

FYI I'm not advocating buying the membership. Heck I'm not even recommending the game. I just answered one of the ways people see paying the up front $200 as a bargin. :mjb:

Xenolith

I like CO and think it will continue to improve.  I think I will like DCU On-line more, so I dont' know how long I'll stick with CO.  To me, $200 is a risky proposition.  I played CoX for 5 years, but only have subscribed for 15 months during that time because I drift back and forth.  That's, what $175 I've paid, and essentially I've done everyting I want to do with the game?  Yeah, tough call, really.

electro

If this game is even half as cool as CoX then i'll be playing for awhile - 200 $ isn't bad but it would really sweeten the deal if you would get something special like a cool ingame item or a t-shirt etc.... :blink:

vamp

Quote from: Champions Online Website
Lifetime Subscriptions come with:

* Access to the Star Trek Online Closed Beta, beginning later this year!
    * Exclusive Art Deco costume set
    * Exclusive Retro Future costume set, available only to lifetime subscribers
    * Unique Mirror Universe outfit for Star Trek Online, available at the game?s release
    * Exclusive in-game Foxbat action figure, available only to lifetime subscribers
    * Eight additional character slots!

6-Month Discounted Subscriptions come with:

* Saves $29.95 USD (33% off!) over regular monthly subscription!
    * Exclusive Art Deco costume set
    * Access to the Star Trek Online Closed Beta, beginning later this year!

Tomato

I think I'd go for lifetime, personally... I guess with me, I'd rather pay up front one time and not have to worry about it then have a slow drain on my account... but really, it depends upon how fun I find the game. Having not played it, I can't make any serious decisions.

Xenolith

None of the Star Trek stuff interests me, or the character slots.  I guess I might be interested in a Foxbat action figure if I could sell it on eBay for $200.  :P

thalaw2

$200 sounds like a good deal to me.  I'm not a trekkie but I likes me some Star Trek.  I ain't never been one for fashion so all that talk about different costume sets don't blow no wind up my...nose.
革命不会被电视转播

GhostMachine

No interest whatsoever in the Star Trek Online game (especially if the Borg are in it!) so I don't care about Beta access, and I can't afford to pay the $200 for a lifetime subscription, but I'll definitely be picking up CO. (Will be playing with time cards at first, though)

Valandar

Just got a Beta Key... I'll be in with the next day of play. And yes, I'll be using "Valandar" :D
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. ...All right, hand me the bomb."  - Ultra Magnus

No, I am NOT accepting suggestions or requests at this time.

RTTingle

Its not a real action figure.

"Action figures" are what they call the chibi style pets that look like the signature heroes and villains.

RTT