News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Sound dat.

Started by Jimaras8, November 28, 2014, 10:14:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimaras8

Guys, i have a kind of unusual request to make. I have  plenty of custom fx in my folder but most of them don't have sound effects. I have given some of them the sounds i find appropriate but there are many that are mute  :D. I was wondering if any of you has taken the time to assign sound effect in most fx of PFX or EZFX since those are the ones i use.

Cyber Burn

I know Alex is updating his EZFX, but I'm not sure if he's adding sounds to older FX or not.

I also plan on going back and updating my older FX eventually, when I do, I'll add sounds to those as I go.

heroidosilencio

Could you post a tutorial how to put sound in the effects

Cyber Burn

Let me go through my Files, I think Alex had given me some instructions for this, but they might have been written for specific FX. You might still be able to use them though, I just have to find them.

Cyber Burn

OK, here are the instructions that Alex had given me, I think that they are for FF1, but should be similar enough to use for FFvt3R:

Go to the sounds tab of the editor. Find a sound Fx which you think will match your effect here and select it. Click new, rename it appropriately as detailed above and click new. The newly named sound Fx will now appear in the left hand window column with sound Fx already in the game. Click save and the Fx will be added to in game sounds.

For example, say you want to add sound to one of your blood vomit beam FX.

I would do this:
1. Go to Sound tab and find an existing beam fx and select it
2. In the name field, change it to match your fx name exactly
3. Click New
4. Click Save (note that clicking save often takes several seconds, so be patient. I usually click save after I add a bunch of new sounds)
That's it! (some sounds have "_1", "2" after them - this is because there are multiple sounds - 1 for each NIF)

All the other options on that tab are if you want to adjust the pitch, velocity, etc of the WAV file playing. or if you want to use your own unique WAV file.

heroidosilencio

I was intending to use it only in the rumble room, but it is not working...

I already created a template in the template tab of FFEDIT  called Wolverine and pointed the NIF to where my mesh Wolverine is.
I also, already choosed the attribute shapeshifter to my mesh Mystique

But when I open my mesh captain Marvel with FFX 3.0 CONTROL, although I can see my mesh Mystique with the attribute shapeshifter, the FORM1, FORM2, FORM3 got black and it gives no options to me to choose templates...

:(

I don't know what I am doing wrong...

Amazo Version 2.2

Quote from: heroidosilencio on January 27, 2016, 01:48:12 AM
I was intending to use it only in the rumble room, but it is not working...

I already created a template in the template tab of FFEDIT  called Wolverine and pointed the NIF to where my mesh Wolverine is.
I also, already choosed the attribute shapeshifter to my mesh Mystique

But when I open my mesh captain Marvel with FFX 3.0 CONTROL, although I can see my mesh Mystique with the attribute shapeshifter, the FORM1, FORM2, FORM3 got black and it gives no options to me to choose templates...

:(

I don't know what I am doing wrong...

hi heroidosilencio, i hope you don't mind me saying, but this post should probably go in the mods section of the boards. you would probably get a better response there.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.