help me find a book please

Started by bearded, September 29, 2009, 05:11:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearded

there is no book section.
i've been trying to find this book for years.  i wanted to see if anyone knows.  i can't remember the author or the title.
it was about 5 or 6 kids playing a role playing game, on a huge table sized map.  they go into the game and affect changes, same as many other novels.  what made this one different is the world the fantasy characters lived in was the actual game board.  so much that the hexes were borders.  they actually lived on the map.  i think it was called gameworld, or maybe mapworld.  but googling finds nothing on those.  has anyone read this book?  i think i read the sequel and i would like to find the original.

BWPS

J.V. Gallagher is the author. There's not much info anywhere but amazon seems to have used copies. http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0747239789/ref=dp_olp_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1254220752&sr=8-1&condition=all

From descriptions I've read, that seems to be it.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

bearded

thanks, bwps, that book actually looks good, i am going to get it, but i think this is the one i was looking for:
http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/w/hugh-walker/wargamers-world.htm
took me some years, but i never give up.
the confusion is it is based on a german rpg, similiar to dnd, but translated several times, in apparently different ways.

catwhowalksbyhimself

That also sounds a lot like the GameEarth Trilogy.  In fact the title is very, VERY similar to the one you mentioned.

You last post I had not yet discovered the author, but have since become a fan, so I recognized the desciption instantly this time.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

bearded

yes! thank you cat! that is actually the one i was looking for. the similarity is so close, i allowed myself to become confused by war gamers world, which i think i actually have read. i think i merged them both in my mind. you cleared it up, finally. now i am going to order all 6 of them.
both books use hexagon reality and teens creating a game. and 3 decades ago, my memory wasnt holding up.

catwhowalksbyhimself

I'm not sure if Gameearth even exists as paper books.  Couldn't find them on Amazon.  The Ebooks are readily available, however, which is how I read them.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

bearded

i am pretty sure i had the paper back for one of them. where can i find the ebook?
ok, i found on amazon a kindle emulator and downloaded the free sample of the trilogy, and i found a paperback of the first book.