News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

suspend in the air

Started by seraglio, January 29, 2012, 06:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seraglio

for  :ff:

Im thinking of creating a power swap that telekinetically lifts a target and suspends him in midair. Unlike gravity reverse...I dont want to stasis the target or lift him so high he hits the "ceiling". If the target has ranged attacks, he should still be able to use them, i dont want it to be too powerful.

Right now I'm thinking of a combination of creating an invisible podium that is in midair and creating it under the target (like some plasma sculptor stuff does), to lift the target, then putting an invisble crystal cage around the target, that self destructs at a given time. Maybe also forcing a fall_back animation as well for looks.

I think I know how to do this code wise, what I am looking for is A: will my approach work before I head off on a possible dead end or B: is there an easier, more elegant solution?

Epimethee

For FF1, your approach is the best I can think of. As with any hack, there's no assurance it'll work, but it's certainly worth exploring.
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

seraglio

Thanks Epi, glad to see your still around, you've been a ton of help over the years! I'll give this a shot over the weekend and let you know how it turns out, or doesnt...