News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Thor: God of Thunder

Started by BentonGrey, December 13, 2010, 03:55:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Howdy folks, any thoughts about this game yet?  I've just seen the first trailer:

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2010/12/trailers-for-batman-arkham-city-thor-god-of-thunder-debut-on-spike/

It looks interesting, but something is just a little off about it to me...I can't quite put my finger on it.  You know what my first thought was, though?  Where the heck is his helmet?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Courtnall6

Looks good :cool:

As for the lack of helmety goodness...the trailers for the movie show him sans helmet whenever he's in combat (stupid I know). The game is all combat. I am hopeful that the game designers will put in alternate costumes...like classic Thor. If so...I'll use the proper Thor right off the bat.
Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

Previsionary

Way to link to the trailer, Benton. >_>

I kid. It looks like a "God of War" derivative... and I'll just leave it at that.
Disappear when you least expe--

BentonGrey

Quote from: Previsionary on December 13, 2010, 06:38:23 AM
Way to link to the trailer, Benton. >_>

I kid. It looks like a "God of War" derivative... and I'll just leave it at that.

If you don't like how I linked to the trailer, then you do it, ya' bum! :P

Yeah Prev., and to my mind that is actually a good thing.  I've never played any of the GoW series, but from everything I've heard, they are great games.  If Thor is aping them, it might turn out fun just by riding on their coat tails.  Since I've never played them, it's all the same to me.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Trelau

Hmmm...Hard to tell since it is a combat-only trailer, but i hope they copy god of wars (and its numerous clone) in all its aspects, and nost just the fighting sytem. A little platform, some puzzles, some rail shooting,etc...
And i don't know if it comes from the resolution of the video, but i find the graphism oddly...bland. Like the texture and special effects are on a low setting maybe....it seems "cold", like the characters and scenery aren't actually in the same place. Then again it might be "early" unfinished footage.

Otherwise, you can't go wrong with a GoW clone, they're highly enjoyable to play; so i'll keep an eye out for this one.

electro

GoW style gameplay should do just fine thow I doubt Sega can pull of the epic'ness of battle the way SCE did (Let's not forget there Ironman games *sigh*) - If I where making this game I would have the mode of transportation be the Starjammer & travel the cosmos getting into all kinds of adventures with fellow Asgardians & the final battle calling us back to Asgard to stop Ol' Loki trying to kill daddy Odin but, what do I know - From what i've seen so far so good - I'm with C6 on the costumes - That would do this game a world of good :blink:

UnkoMan

Golly, they sure do love those movie tie-ins.
I doubt it will be amazing, but hopefully it will still be a fun little rental. Plus, Ulik is in it, which is awesome.

BentonGrey

Quote from: Trelau on December 13, 2010, 06:22:35 PM
Hmmm...Hard to tell since it is a combat-only trailer, but i hope they copy god of wars (and its numerous clone) in all its aspects, and nost just the fighting sytem. A little platform, some puzzles, some rail shooting,etc...
And i don't know if it comes from the resolution of the video, but i find the graphism oddly...bland. Like the texture and special effects are on a low setting maybe....it seems "cold", like the characters and scenery aren't actually in the same place. Then again it might be "early" unfinished footage.

Otherwise, you can't go wrong with a GoW clone, they're highly enjoyable to play; so i'll keep an eye out for this one.
*emphasis added*
Yeah, that's what I was trying to get at.  It looks a bit lifeless.

Quote from: UnkoMan on December 13, 2010, 09:41:12 PM
Golly, they sure do love those movie tie-ins.
I doubt it will be amazing, but hopefully it will still be a fun little rental. Plus, Ulik is in it, which is awesome.

Haha, yeah, I had that same thought.  "Yay, Ulik!"
God Bless

captmorgan72

Ulik is also in Marvel Ultimate Alliance, just so you know. :D Looks like in God of Thunder, Ulik became a giant.

captmorgan72

This is kind of interesting. An old reply from a question I asked about this game.

Jody Mullis says:
May 18, 2011 at 6:56 pm
Despite the reviews that trash this game I really like it. I do have a question though, why is the Ultimate Thor costume missing lit up disks on his chest?

Ed says:
May 19, 2011 at 6:04 pm
Hi Jody, Thanks for the kind words. Critics will always be critics and we don't worry too much about them. What matters to us is that people who actually play the game enjoy it. Thanks again.

On your question about Ultimates Thor. We did make the disks and we even had them glow brighter and have lightening effects as you fought. Unfortunately we were asked to remove them by the powers that be (not naming names).

Thanks for Writing,
Ed Del Castillo, Pres.