Smallville Season 10 ***SPOILERS***

Started by Midnite, August 05, 2010, 09:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thalaw2

That latest episode was....AWESOME!  I like how they made fun of the "freak of the week" thing.  Very clever....and what a great guest appearance!!!! 
Spoiler
Clark Kent and Lois Lane!
革命不会被电视转播

captmorgan72

Ok, this newest episode was freaking awesome, just for this scene.
Spoiler
The man Isis was trying to resurrect was Teth-Adam

Mr. Hamrick

Quote from: captmorgan72 on October 23, 2010, 02:27:01 AM
Ok, this newest episode was freaking awesome, just for this scene.
Spoiler
The man Isis was trying to resurrect was Teth-Adam

I wonder if she realized it wasn't who she thought it was.

Also, I was kinda disappointed by something.

Spoiler

In last week's episode, Lois made it sound like Clark telling her his secret was a lot grander than it was.  I mean her response was classic (maybe) but an office at The Daily Planet is hardly a big deal of a place.  I guess I was just hoping for the rooftop.  LOL!

and in another note:
Spoiler
I don't think Tess will make it through the season finale.  I mean... it's kinda obvious that she isn't going to be trustworthy in the long run.  Does anyone think she will either be forced to betray Clark by Luthor or that she will sacrifice herself in some way so that she doesn't have to choose between them? 

Trelau

I though the episode was pretty boring actually. but of course
Spoiler
the teth adam revelation made me smile (and kinda disappointed the resurection didn't work temporarily so that we could see black adam), and the final, even if it was anti-climatic (i had a bet on the rooftop too ^^) it actually made the show go forward.
Green-Arrow/Tess are clearly a better duo of actors than Clark/Lois, and i enjoy their scene more so i hope Tess won't die/leave mid-season.
I think she will either betray Clark for her Luthor (because if i understood he's aging faster than a normal kid?) or even better, when her luthor is adult he still will become evil and when she'll try to oppose he'll kill her, making him finaly snap and blaming Clark in the process (or "how to create an arch-nemesis 101")

catwhowalksbyhimself

I'm just glad that they are getting all the issue and hangup stuff out of the way early on instead of doing what I was expecting and waiting until the very end.

Missed that revelation you all were talking about though.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

cmdrkoenig67

catwhowalksbyhimself

Spoiler

Raven. There's already one Titan on the show, why not another?

thalaw2

This latest ep. was disappointing compared to last week, but at least it advanced the plot along. 
Spoiler
The revelation saved the entire ep. IMO.
革命不会被电视转播

martialstorm

Spoiler
Green Arrow saving the day was pretty cool. Working in the Isis/ Osiris/ Teth Adam connection was a nice nod to the fans as well.

Trelau

Hmmm. I'm having mixed feeling about this week's episode
Spoiler
Teri Hatcher's cameo was rather disappointing, mostly due to the fact that Erica Durance can't act, and her emotion scene was painful to watch. But Teri's monologue was very bland and generic too.
But on the other hand, Granny Goodness! We got a nice look at the Fury (using kryptonite weapons instead of being aliens works for me, they can still be a challenge for Clark) and Tess is now Lex's half sister...disturbing, but let's see where they go with that (it goes nicely with the sex tention between her and alexander, adding incest to the likely oedipe complex the kid will develop when his accelerate growth is finished).
And finally we see that the season finale will probably be th wedding. A little obvious, but after all it was a memorable plot of  "Lois and Clark" and nobody complained then (except if they redo the clone wedding)
So yeah, mixed feeling. Definitely not as good/fun as the isis episode, but set things in motion for the following ones (granny + desaad + goddfrey...)

catwhowalksbyhimself

Oh good.  I had heard the opposite, but he really does need to make one last appearance just to set things up right.

captmorgan72

Podmark

Great! I'd have been completely disappointed if he didn't appear. Funny, like Cat, yesterday I heard he wasn't going to appear too.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Mr. Hamrick

I heard there were some difficulties agreeing to terms between the two sides.   I suspect it was something cheesy like "how many episodes they wanted him back for" or "script related".

Could've been something common like "scheduling" or "money related".

catwhowalksbyhimself

The reason they said before was that he wanted to concentrate on his writing. When he accepted, he said it was due to fan comments.

Of course the news yesterday was never from any official sources.

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

captmorgan72

catwhowalksbyhimself

Ah that explains thing.  Not the direction I was expecting, but potentially interesting, especially as this means that Clark will be have to become a mentor.

Trelau

From this week's episode:
"The Blur is not the disguise Lois, Clark Kent will be the mask"

And that is why You Fail Superman Forever.
One of the most important character trait is that Clark Kent is the real persona who disguise himself in superman because the people need him to. It's been used in contrast with Batman whose real self is the costume, who dress up as Bruce Wayne for the rest of the world.
he also said some really stupid things ("clark kent" is just a word, it's meaningless --> you think he'd be more attached to his father's name who sacrificed himself for him) and i was really disapointed with the scene in it's meaning (weirldy it was one of the only ones were Tom Welling can almost act with emotion)

One the other hand, glasses! Yeah. Too little too late, but they do have to wrap this up in half a season now.