How To Get Energy Display To Show The Actual Energy Amount?

Started by UltraSuperGuy, July 05, 2014, 08:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UltraSuperGuy

Hey, all.

I've been playing a  :ffvstr: mod (Patriot City) and I'm getting that thing when you look at the the energy display requirements for a power it always tells you one less bar then what it actually expends when you use the power. Isn't there some adjustment you can do in some system file or something where you can change it so it shows the actual amount of energy the power is going to expend rather than one less then it will expend?

Thanks.

spydermann93

Quote from: UltraSuperGuy on July 05, 2014, 08:39:30 PM
Hey, all.

I've been playing a  :ffvstr: mod (Patriot City) and I'm getting that thing when you look at the the energy display requirements for a power it always tells you one less bar then what it actually expends when you use the power. Isn't there some adjustment you can do in some system file or something where you can change it so it shows the actual amount of energy the power is going to expend rather than one less then it will expend?

Thanks.

I think that you might need FFX 3.whatever installed for the shortcut and the executable to show up, but there should be a shortcut to a program called the "FFX Control Centre" in your Start Menu (or an executable called "ffxedit2.exe" in either the main game's main folder or in the mod's folder).  Once you open that, there should be a line that says "Data Folder".  Click the arrow next to it and navigate to the mod folder's name.  Once you do that, there should be an option called "Overspend Energy w/ Stun Risk" that should be checked.  Uncheck it, click "Save", and you should be good to go!

Alternatively, if you do NOT have FFX installed, you can go to the mod folder's "Missions/Scripts" path.  Once there, look for "m25config.py" and open it using either Notepad, Notepad++ or any pure text editor (do NOT use Word!).  Once you're in the file, look for a line that says "M25_AI_PUSH_ENERGY = 1".  Simply change the "1" to a "0", save, and then exit Notepad or whatever you used.

If you followed either of the two above steps correctly, energy bars should look normal.  The reason why the energy isn't showing properly is because the option that is enabled adds a few energy points to a character so that they might overpower ALL attacks like they did in the first game.

UltraSuperGuy

Quote from: spydermann93 on July 05, 2014, 09:54:41 PM

I think that you might need FFX 3.whatever installed for the shortcut and the executable to show up, but there should be a shortcut to a program called the "FFX Control Centre" in your Start Menu (or an executable called "ffxedit2.exe" in either the main game's main folder or in the mod's folder).  Once you open that, there should be a line that says "Data Folder".  Click the arrow next to it and navigate to the mod folder's name.  Once you do that, there should be an option called "Overspend Energy w/ Stun Risk" that should be checked.  Uncheck it, click "Save", and you should be good to go!

Alternatively, if you do NOT have FFX installed, you can go to the mod folder's "Missions/Scripts" path.  Once there, look for "m25config.py" and open it using either Notepad, Notepad++ or any pure text editor (do NOT use Word!).  Once you're in the file, look for a line that says "M25_AI_PUSH_ENERGY = 1".  Simply change the "1" to a "0", save, and then exit Notepad or whatever you used.

If you followed either of the two above steps correctly, energy bars should look normal.  The reason why the energy isn't showing properly is because the option that is enabled adds a few energy points to a character so that they might overpower ALL attacks like they did in the first game.

Thanks! But I have a problem. So I did it via the text editor way and nothing happened. I went into the game and the same deal with the energy bars. I then tried using the FFX Control Center and it crashed when I tried to look at the Data folder for the mod ("Patriot City"). FFX Control Center doesn't have a problem opening up my other mods. Huh. And also when I opened the m25config.py for the Patriot City mod, there wasn't any line in there for "M25_AI_PUSH_ENERGY = 0" so I copied and pasted that in from another script that I know works on another mod. But that didn't work. Is it possible that he has put this line in some other script somewhere in the Mission folder??

spydermann93

hmm... it might be a variety of reasons.  I have no idea which version of FFX Patriot City was built upon, so it could just be that for that particular version, the game doesn't recognize changes to m25config.py.

Here, download the latest version of FFX 3 so that you may use the FFX Control Centre.  FFX 3 will not interfere with any mods or savegames.  It's just a mod of its own, and the mod that you're using just so happens to be built upon it, so FFX 3 will be able to help you out.

UltraSuperGuy

Quote from: spydermann93 on July 05, 2014, 11:30:08 PM
hmm... it might be a variety of reasons.  I have no idea which version of FFX Patriot City was built upon, so it could just be that for that particular version, the game doesn't recognize changes to m25config.py.

Here, download the latest version of FFX 3 so that you may use the FFX Control Centre.  FFX 3 will not interfere with any mods or savegames.  It's just a mod of its own, and the mod that you're using just so happens to be built upon it, so FFX 3 will be able to help you out.

I have the latest version of FFX3.3. I just noticed over at that site that they go over a bug with FFX Control Center that sometimes crashes when changing mods in the Data slot if the mod has an earlier version of FFX. They recommend to just rename the mod folders so it will recognize it without crashing, change the stuff in the Control Center, and then rename the mod folder back to its original. I'm going to try that out.

UPDATE: Did it! It worked! I just changed the name of the folder patcity to ffx3 (changing the ffx3 to something else), went into Control Center, made the changes to "ffx3", went out, renamed the mod folders to their original names, went into a save game and viola!, I know see the correct energy bars! Thanks for your help.