option 2
5 (31.3%)
option 3
2 (12.5%)
option 4 a combo please explain your choice
1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

deano_ue

the main question is which template should i use to display my skins, not just on here but on my main portfolio site

option 1

option 2

option 3

Podmark

Yay, more skin polls.

I definitely like option 1 the best, especially for a portfolio. However I might add the small image of the tga, it nicely shows what you actually did which is nice for a portfolio piece.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Outcast

I voted for option 3 because i like the background and close face shot? :)

Edit: Or maybe a combination of both options 1 and 3? With body shots at different angles and a close up face shot? Plus a nice background to add the icing on the cake. :P :unsure:

XStream

I feel like I get a better idea of the skin through option two, the Marvel pose.
I am not, nor have I ever been a Rude Naked Hero!

Tomato

This is a tough one, because all 3 have their place depending on the venue you're primarily looking at.

For example, if we're just talking FR, 3 is the clear choice. Dynamic poses and an interesting background draw the viewers eyes to the skins, and sell the work more, in an obscure sense. However, it's pointless for a professional portfolio... the dynamic poses hide aspects of the skin from clear view  and the background is distracting to someone trying to analyze the work you've actually done. 2 is the exact opposite of that... it's great for a professional portfolio because it shows off your work in a clean, understated way, and is simple enough in terms of layout that someone won't get frustrated trying to analyze it. However, those very facts make it boring for the average viewer of FR.

What it really comes down to, I guess, is what you want out of the image. If it's intended for FR, you want the flashier background, the cool poses, etc. But if your intent is to have something you can display professionally and not have it hurt you, you want something a bit cleaner and understated.

I think 1 is the best compromise... there are things I'd change (the height thing is unnecessary, the layout could be a touch tighter, and I'd maybe replace the flat color background with a subtle gradient) but it shows off the work without being boring.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Podmark on January 28, 2012, 05:31:09 PM
Yay, more skin polls.

I definitely like option 1 the best, especially for a portfolio. However I might add the small image of the tga, it nicely shows what you actually did which is nice for a portfolio piece.

What he said.