Jonah Hex ***SPOILERS***

Started by Midnite, June 03, 2009, 06:44:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catwhowalksbyhimself

I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

lugaru

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on June 03, 2009, 07:44:17 PM
He looks pretty good to me.

Yeah, although I would not mind if they put a little more "ugly" on him, Hex has always been drawn in a pretty shocking way.

Panther_Gunn

meh, scarring looks a bit toned down -- hoping they'll beef it up a bit (including the bug-eye) with CGI in post.  Being picky, I don't think he's "right" for the part, visually, but that's only based on those images.  And I'd prefer an actual CSA coat over the vest, but I guess that might be asking for too much.  ;)
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

Jakew

Ehhh ... his eye is probably going to be CGI, but Josh Brolin doesn't have a very Hex-like (ie Clint Eastwood-like) physique.

lugaru

Quote from: Jakew on June 04, 2009, 12:57:59 AM
Ehhh ... his eye is probably going to be CGI, but Josh Brolin doesn't have a very Hex-like (ie Clint Eastwood-like) physique.

Clint Eastwood does not have a very Clint Eastwood-like physique either...   :P

cripp12

I think the whole mystique of hex is his scary face.
They should of did a little more to his eye at least.

Midnite

Official synopsis

Quote"Jonah Hex is a scarred drifter and bounty hunter of last resort, a tough and stoic gunslinger who can track down anyone...and anything. Having survived death, Jonah's violent history is steeped in myth and legend, and has left him with one foot in the natural world and one on the 'other side.' His only human connection is with Leila, whose life in a brothel has left her with scars of her own. But Jonah's past is about to catch up with him when the U.S. military makes him an offer he can't refuse: in exchange for his freedom from the warrants on his head, he must track down and stop the dangerous terrorist Quentin Turnbull. But Turnbull, who is gathering an army and preparing to unleash Hell, is also Jonah's oldest enemy and will stop at nothing until Jonah is dead. Based on the legendary graphic novel, Jonah Hex is an epic adventure thriller about one man's personal quest for redemption against the vast canvas of the battle between good and evil."

BentonGrey

I think he looks pretty darn close to the part.  Yeah, Hex is more scarred, but since I'd have to be looking at this on a real person, I don't mind them toning it down some.  Not sure about their plot description.  I suppose I'll wait and see.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Midnite

:spoiler:
Close up pic of Jonah Hex

Spoiler

RTTingle

JeyNyce

Looks great, but not feeling Megan Fox
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

thalaw2

I love to be feeling Meg....I mean Megan Fox looks great!   Acting isn't all that great but she's better than Dunst IMO. 
革命不会被电视转播

docdelorean88

Hmm. I am surprised that corporate felt there was enough to warrant this movie. I'll see it, but i don't think it has a huge general appeal.
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

RTTingle

Looks like Wild Wild West redone with Jonah Hex instead.  Picture of the year?  Of course not, but it looks like a great popcorn flick.  I don't expect Ghandi and despite Megan Fox's dry acting, it still looks like a lot of fun and a blast.

TheMarvell

yeah, looks pretty cheesy, but it could be alright.

JeyNyce

I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

UnkoMan

I forgot this was coming out, then saw it randomly on a date.

...yeah, it isn't very good. But there's a metaphorical fight between Jonah and Quentin that is mirrored in real life by an actual fight between them. ISN'T THAT AMAZING?!?!

But, uhh... yeah. It isn't the worst movie I've ever seen though. Honest!

marhawkman

Hehe... deep thought provoking movies tend to have a niche audience.  the greeks knew what they were doing for theatre.  they always mixed a little of everything into a performance.

President Raygun

A waste of an interesting character and a waste of $20 bucks, and I haven't even seen Iron Man 2 yet! :doh:

ow_tiobe_sb

IMHO, the best feature of this film is the EP of new Mastodon songs that it inspired.

ow_tiobe_sb
Phantom Bunburyist and Whirled Braker
Two words: Moog.