Headless male heavy with small neck hole!

Started by bevo, July 18, 2009, 09:34:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bevo

I tried to delete the neck by removing triangles from some male heavies. That was very miserable to do and they did not work out very well. The neck hole was still way too big. I know sounds like an odd request.  :blink:

GGiant

If you still need this...
You can do this with nifskope, but there will be no neckhole.
I used male_heavy from FF1 but it should work with other meshes.
First you copy the Bip01 Head Branch(I think that copying the node only works as well) and paste it to itself. Now rename that to anything(I think it works without renaming but rename it for no confusions...) and then change the scale, translation and rotation all to 0, take note of the number of the pasted node, and go to the male_heavy NiClodSkinInstance, from there click bones and find the Bip01 Head in that list and change that to the number you noted earlier.

Here is what he'll look like:

EDIT:
BTW, you won't need to do this if you're planning not to paste a part that requires the head node.
This also works for other parts i think.

bevo

Thanks for the help GG. I will try this. I think it will work better than alpha out the head or deleting triangles.

GGiant

:thumbup: I just figured this out today, hence a lot of "I think"s :doh:

Edit: I was experimenting with nifskope and I found a way to do this faster by doing something with the SkinData.
First collapse the Bones list on NiSkinInstance, take note of the position of the node(Bip01 Head) on that list(in the :ffvstr: manbot mesh it is 1st in the list), now go to SkinData, collapse the bone list, and the 1st one there(The one that corresponds to the position of the node), right click and transform then edit or just click the symbol that represents the edit, and make everything there 0(or you can clear it then scale to 0). That's much faster than the first method.

Edit2: oh yeah, you can just scale it to 0 and not have to edit everything :doh:
Edit3: oops, wrong...