News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

melee FX with weapons?

Started by ShinyHappyGoth, July 06, 2009, 11:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShinyHappyGoth

I have seen a good many ranged-attack FX depicting thrown weapons, but I haven't yet found any melee FX to let a character appear to be wielding a weapon for the duration of the attack.  Can this be done?  Are there any already and I just haven't found them?  (Specifically, I'm thinking of a trident, but I'm sure it could be more broadly useful.)

Trelau

To my knowledge, you have to hide the weapon via nifscope, then create a keyframe were you alpha-enable it so that the character strike with the weapon and then make it disapear.
i don't think it can be done just with an fx.
there are some mesh with a variety of weopon added and hiden via nifscope, but i couldn't tell you wich ones...

bearded

think of weaponmaster ffx.  the character is made to hold a gun until it is put away.  if it can be done with ranged, it could be done with melee.

ShinyHappyGoth

Quote from: bearded on July 07, 2009, 08:34:09 PM
think of weaponmaster ffx.  the character is made to hold a gun until it is put away.  if it can be done with ranged, it could be done with melee.
I don't know it; can I have a link?

stumpy

FFX is the Freedom Force expansion pack. Weaponmaster is a scripted attribute that's part of the pack. The the most recent version of FFX for FFvT3R is available at http://ffx.freedomforceforever.com/.
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

ShinyHappyGoth

Ah, I see.  Thanks.  Probably won't help with the specific thing I have in mind, but it'll be useful anyway.