Continuum

Started by thalaw2, October 11, 2012, 02:14:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thalaw2

I've watched the first season of Continuum.  It's a Canadian sci-fi flick about a woman and some criminals who come from 2077 to 2012.  I found the first season to be pretty good...it's no quantum leap and maybe not as good as Journeyman, but I'm a nut for time travel stories so I was quickly hooked.  The tech is good and the effects are enough to satisfy me. 

Conspiracy, what we North Americans are so fond of, took a while to show it's head but it came and finally things got a little interesting.  I'm eager to see season 2.  Anyone else watching?
革命不会被电视转播

thalaw2

Season 2 is awesome! 
革命不会被电视转播

Starman

I've seen Season 1, haven't started 2 yet. I really like the show ... it's intelligently written and quite intriguing

clownprince

watched it on netflix season 1 and the rest on tvportal app for galaxy tab 7 great show. really really impressed.

lugaru

Nice, I'll check it out. BTW since you are a time travel nut, I got a 'lesser seen movie' that I really want you to see... it is called TimeCrimes or in Spanish it is Los Cronocrimenes. Terrible name, but great movie. Basically a guy witnesses a murder, is chased by the murderer and hides in a time machine. He is sent back an hour, to before it happens, and craziness ensues.

clownprince

awesome will look for it. anther time travel movie i just say is dc comics flashpoint. Wow just WOW  :blink: .

thalaw2

Quote from: lugaru on July 18, 2013, 11:34:28 PM
Nice, I'll check it out. BTW since you are a time travel nut, I got a 'lesser seen movie' that I really want you to see... it is called TimeCrimes or in Spanish it is Los Cronocrimenes. Terrible name, but great movie. Basically a guy witnesses a murder, is chased by the murderer and hides in a time machine. He is sent back an hour, to before it happens, and craziness ensues.

I'll check this out for sure!  I loves me some time paradox stuff.  I like Continuum, but it really seems that the main character is crying over something that could not be a problem.
Spoiler
She could always return home to a time just moments after she left and her son would never notice.  I think in Season 2 we see a character (villain) that may be her son who returned to the past after his mother didn't come back.  I can't wait to see how it unfolds.

Between Continuum and Orphan Black I can't find grounds to say TV is dead.
革命不会被电视转播

thalaw2

Season 3 is turning out to be great!  I thought they might have lost steam after season 2 but the...no....I was wrong!  I don't now how people in North America watch this show but I recommend it.  The story has me more involved than ever.  There may be some lapses in the feel of scenes but I think that's mostly due to budget.  this is quality sci-fi drama.  I'm in the middle of watching season  now and I can't get enough.  I'm so glad I missed the start date of this season so that I can enjoy an entire evening of catching up!
革命不会被电视转播