News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

John's Skopes and Skins

Started by John Jr., April 04, 2010, 12:33:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Jr.

Thanks, guys.
Tiobe made an awesome job with the hair and the shell compact and I'm very grateful for his help.

BentonGrey

Wow!  Tiobe's contributions make a huge difference.  That hair is perfect, and the compact is great as well.  Your skin is great.  I love the skin tone.  I would say you might want to brighten the hair a bit, but you're pretty close to perfect there.  Great work JJ!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

John Jr.

Quote from: BentonGrey on September 10, 2010, 03:12:53 AM
Wow!  Tiobe's contributions make a huge difference.  That hair is perfect, and the compact is great as well.  Your skin is great.  I love the skin tone.  I would say you might want to brighten the hair a bit, but you're pretty close to perfect there.  Great work JJ!

Thanks, Benton. I agree about Tiobe's pieces, they are great!

John Jr.

I updated Reboot Saturn Girl (thanks again for the blue hue tip, guys).

And I'm finishing Livewire now:

John Jr.

Updating the update.
Added pouches to the kid's belts:

Updated Superman, I'm still playing with different S-shields.

And I made a new Superboy skope and skin. Thanks to Afghan Ant for letting me use his (amazing) new Superman skope as a base for my Superboy.

And that's all for now, folks.

Podmark

Ah the pouches are a great addition. Really liking the Legion skins, but that Superman skin is really nice. I especially like his face.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

murs47

JJ, you're improving at a rapid rate. LW's face looks very distinct and your Superboy skin continues to improve.

John Jr.

Thanks, guys.
I'm only improving my limited skills thanks to you all. I learned a lot from your tips and tutorials.
I'm very glad you liked the new faces. I tried to give Superboy and Superman slightly different faces, so they would look like the same guy in different ages.
Livewire's face is a slightly edited version from my " kid" Lightning Lad's face.

bearded

i've played the first 2 levels of your mod, and i have to say your faces are stellar with the talking heads. it makes me want to make a clark kent head. all i really need to know is how many channels are needed and what each channel is for. ultimately, i will open up one of the head files with nifskope to see if i can figure it out.

John Jr.

Thanks, Bearded.
Great news about the Clark head, I'll be sure to use it.
When I skin an "emotion-like" face (smiling, angry, etc) I skin a different, "neutral" face to use with the talking heads.  
I hope you like my mod.

devilance

Great work! I'm also a huge fan of the Legion and would love to see more of the reboot versions. I thought it was a great unifying look for the team. Liked your Teen Urchin a lot also; can't help but notice how well she fits in with the few 70's versions of Freedom Force which were released. You did a great job!

John Jr.

Thanks! I'm very glad you liked them!
I'll start to work in a new mod in the next days, so my skope and skins output will be a lot slower for the next weeks, but I still have some classic and reboot Legionnaires and at least one more 70's Freedom Forcer in my "to-do" list.

laughing paradox

The Legionnaires look great, JJ. The pouches really complete the look. Superman/Superboy look particularly good.

Were you thinking of skinning Dragonmage? I always thought his powers were really cool.

John Jr.

Thank, LP!
I hadn't thought about Dragonmage, but it's a good idea.

John Jr.

After a lot of pc problems, I had to re-install  :ffvstr: (and I'm not done yet), so my new mod is moving very slowly...
But I already have some WIPs:

James "Bucky" Barnes:

Sergeant Fury:

Resistance Fighter:

Many thanks to Courtnall 6 for letting me use his original textures for the weapons.

Cyber Burn

murs47

Oh JJ, you are a joy to watch progress. Great skins. ^_^

John Jr.

Thanks guys.
I'll probably do Dum Dum Dugan next, we can't have the Howling Commandos without him, right?

Outcast

I like em..from the hair and their unique faces, to the color and cloth work details on each of their costumes. For WIPs they're very very good. I can't wait to see how they would look like when you're finished with them. :)

Blkcasanova247

Nice work! :thumbup: I'll make a suggestion on Bucky...well 2 actually. First change the gun to the Thompson on Renegades Ult.CapWWII mesh and secondly...while not imperitive but I did it for a Bucky skope a while back and I think it looks cool....add the mask from Vertex's Green Arrow. ;)
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

Podmark

These are great. I really like the Bucky.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

John Jr.

Thanks, guys. I'll make only minor changes to the skins (I still want to make Bucky's classic "star" belt buckle, add some detail to the clothwork, so on...), but I'm still not 100% satisfied with the skopes.
Thanks for the tips, Casanova, I'll see if I still have Ren's Ultimate Cap (I lost a lot of meshes/skins when my pc crashed).
EDIT: I already changed Bucky's gun to the Thompson. Thanks again for the tip, Cas.
I used a skoped mask (by Tommyboy) in an earlier version of Bucky, but I needed a skinned version for the talking head (since I made that skopes for a mod), so I gave it up.

martialstorm

Looking great John Jr. I've  been quietly enjoying your FF work plus my son and I had a great time playing both your mods  :thumbup:

AfghanAnt

I'm really loving the new stuff John especially the cloth work on Bucky and Fury.

USAgent

I've always wanted a version of that Bucky with guns and knives, great looking Johnjr.!

John Jr.

Quote from: martialstorm on October 17, 2010, 08:42:22 AM
Looking great John Jr. I've  been quietly enjoying your FF work plus my son and I had a great time playing both your mods  :thumbup:

Thanks, I'm glad you and your son liked my Mods. You're lucky your son share some of your interests, the only super-hero my daughter  likes is Krypto, the Super Dog, and since there's no Krypto mesh yet she has no interest in FF.

Quote from: USAgent on October 17, 2010, 01:49:16 PM
I've always wanted a version of that Bucky with guns and knives, great looking Johnjr.!

Same here, USAgent. I really like Ed Brubaker's "Soldier Bucky", this one should be my 3rd attempt to make a good skope of him. I hope I got it right this time.

Quote from: AfghanAnt on October 17, 2010, 01:10:49 PM
I'm really loving the new stuff John especially the cloth work on Bucky and Fury.

Thanks a lot, AA.

billdamn22

That is a great Bucky. You have some really good techniques for clothing. i like it!

Cyber Burn

Quote from: John Jr. on October 16, 2010, 08:33:31 PM
EDIT: I already changed Bucky's gun to the Thompson. Thanks again for the tip, Cas.
I used a skoped mask (by Tommyboy) in an earlier version of Bucky, but I needed a skinned version for the talking head (since I made that skopes for a mod), so I gave it up.

I don't know anything about the talking heads, but could pieces (a mask) be skoped on? I know Tommyboy had quite a few heads floating around. Would that help?

bearded

it is very hard for me to make talking heads for  :ffvstr: , but i'm still trying.
there is a krypto mesh. cape and all. i think beyonder made it.

John Jr.

I always use Tommyboy's talking heads in my mods, Bill, but I never found one with a "bucky-like" mask. I never was able to skope the heads too, the game crashed every time I tried it.
Bearded,
Do you have any idea where I can find this Krypto mesh? A certain 8 year old girl would be very happy if she could see it.