Female_Basic Alchemiss Keyframes?

Started by AfghanAnt, May 14, 2024, 02:44:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AfghanAnt

Hey all,
Are there Alchemiss keyframes that work with female_basic compatible models? I just realized how perfect Alchemiss' idle and power animations are for X-Men 97's Rogue and I'd like to add them to this skope I'm working on.

WyldFyre

I have looked through what I have and haven't found anything. It appears that ALchemiss was given female basic keyframes but not the other way around.

It may be possible to add them to a skope but someone more familiar with that process would have to help. Random or Sick Alice maybe.
For Freedom!

FF Museum Website: http://ffmuseum.org/

Randomdays

Just getting back from vacation and catching up. I could try putting the female basic mesh onto the alchemiss armature.

If no one else can help, I'll take a crack at it.

AfghanAnt

I would love that! I'm trying to fix this from happening from Gren's Rogue mesh.

I didn't realize Rogue does the same thing Alchemiss does until I replayed the game recently and it blew my mind. It's so perfect for Rogue in-game. I've been able to combine the FFVTR keyframes with Gren's, but the model collapses during the power animation, and my limited nifskoping skills have only taken me so far in fixing this issue.

Randomdays

I'll try to get on it tomorrow then.

Any particular version of female basic? (long hair, cape, guns, etc...) For FFvt3R, correct?

I know that some of the basic meshes show up in the character viewer with the armature only, no mesh, and those don't work in Blender. I'll have to see what works.

AfghanAnt

I based this skope on Laughing Paradox's Rogue - http://forceofparadox.byethost31.com/laughingparadox_four.html

I'm not sure what keyframes this is based on, but I think female_basic is compatible if they are converted.

Randomdays

Downloaded it and looked at it character viewer. I think I can work with it. Mixed work on the mesh and kfs but I don't think that should matter

The FF Alchemiss is one of the meshes where you can only see the armature. The FFvt3R one though is usable.

I'll see how things go.

Randomdays

I think we're good to go, though there were a few issues (because, of course, nothing is ever easy)

1) On import, Blender lost positioning on all the extra pieces - hair, jacket, cuffs, etc. I repositioned as close as I could to where they should be, but you may have to tweak them. I also joined them to the main body and assigned them vertex groups to make them easier to work with. If you're keeping them at all

2) Alchemiss is a bit shorter than Rogue on the meshes. I had to shorten her down a bit to match the armature

3) Hands... I hate hands. These are just a bit off compared to others though.

4) Exported out and tested with the FF kfs and working. I also did a nif for FFvt3r and tested it. The power animation looks good to me (but it looks good to me in the pic you posted) with those kfs.

Uploaded to the megasite under Marvel/ DC

AfghanAnt

Randomdays

Check her out and let me know if there's any issues. I know that by shortening Rogue to match the armature it changed her face a bit, fixing that would take a head transplant from the original model