News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

themed teams

Started by Discoking090, April 20, 2009, 07:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discoking090

Hello everybody, I was wondering if anybody would be interesting in making a group themed team with me on the whatever server the aleged we would agree upon whether COV or COH and we would play and lvl together and possibly role play our character although we don't have to and yeah just have good old fashion team fun. Anyone?

B A D

Give me a time, a server, and a theme.

We've had several successful theme groups (Relativity, Evil Toys, etc)

And several not so successful.

PROTIP: If you?re going to build a robot that can think for itself and then make it do menial labor, don?t make it twice your size, indestructible, and strong enough to pick you up and use your body to beat your friends to death. Alas, such is ever the folly of man.

Tortuga

Discoking090

I was thinking something along the lines of horror icons, Dracula, Frankenstein, Zombie, Swamp monster. that sort of thing. or maybe just a good old marvel or DC themed team

BlueBard

Quote from: Discoking090 on April 27, 2009, 06:52:26 PM
I was thinking something along the lines of horror icons, Dracula, Frankenstein, Zombie, Swamp monster. that sort of thing. or maybe just a good old marvel or DC themed team

A Marvel or DC themed team would probably just get generified.  Violation of policy and all that.

A 'Creature Feature' team would probably be alright, but I doubt the names 'Dracula' or 'Frankenstein' are readily available.  I don't have much interest in that myself.

BAD's right... some themes work and some don't.  Main key seems to be getting a core group that enjoys playing together on the same schedule and lives on a popular server.  'Theme' just isn't enough to grab attention and spark imagination... you need a goal, too.  The success of CI is probably as much due to the desire of leveling villains to 50 (and accessing the Epic AT's) as to the fun concept.
STO/CO: @bluegeek

B A D

Yah, and thats the tough part.

The kids and me have been playing Sundays regularly for years now, And I cant for life of me figured out how we do that.
PROTIP: If you?re going to build a robot that can think for itself and then make it do menial labor, don?t make it twice your size, indestructible, and strong enough to pick you up and use your body to beat your friends to death. Alas, such is ever the folly of man.

ubergreendragon

I had a thought a long time ago about a super team based off a couple characters i made as sort of a parody of a super soldier program but all the team members would be based off cereal box characters. Was messing around with different ideas like a character named Capt. Crunch... but not sure how far the copyright infringment goes. But i do have a villain named Agent Cocoa Puffs on the infinity server  :P

Reepicheep

Quote from: ubergreendragon on April 27, 2009, 10:50:36 PM
I had a thought a long time ago about a super team based off a couple characters i made as sort of a parody of a super soldier program but all the team members would be based off cereal box characters. Was messing around with different ideas like a character named Capt. Crunch... but not sure how far the copyright infringment goes. But i do have a villain named Agent Cocoa Puffs on the infinity server  :P

make it a villain group and call yourself the 'cereal killers'.

Funeral-Pyre

Quote from: Reepicheep on April 28, 2009, 06:21:16 AM
Quote from: ubergreendragon on April 27, 2009, 10:50:36 PM

make it a villain group and call yourself the 'cereal killers'.

LOL.  I love it!  If only mms could summon female pets, you could have the Cheery Hos!

Discoking090

you gys are way to worried about infringement people violate it all the time and nobody cares. I saw a bleach themed group with all the names and outfits and everything and they have not gotten any warnings. I have the entire justice league on the champion server. and there are ways around it like instead of calling him super boy call hi DC-SB or something that means super boy. it isn't this unworldly can of worms to imitate something already invented.

Discoking090

anyway fridays are always good for me. i just wonder what theme we can agree on

Discoking090

and if we are alawyas going to team with eachother it shouldn't matter what server we go on right?

Discoking090

I've got it. we can do insect based heroes

Like The tick and yellow jacket those kinds of guys

DMenacer

Quote from: Discoking090 on May 03, 2009, 07:19:25 PM
I've got it. we can do insect based heroes

Like The tick and yellow jacket those kinds of guys

So instead of having the Blue Beetle you could have the Red Beetle Bug wearing a red with black dots costume.
Left to Right: Canine Crypto-Robin Hoodlem-Nurse Nitengale-Knight Star-Doc Medic-Super Sentry
[img]http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ddwyatt/MyChars.jpg[/img]
Right to Left: Striper the Grimlin-Sargent Major-Demonic HellRaiser-Shogun Ninja Master-Demoness Diva-DMenacer

Discoking090

exactly. I have a couple of those guys on the virtue server. I have time any day from thursday to sunday.