GI Joe: Renegades

Started by Previsionary, May 18, 2010, 02:32:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Previsionary

Looks like a new toon is on the way for these characters that'll essentially be a "Year One" take on them, and it's not written for kids. What say you guys? Does it look interesting?

http://www.forcesofgeek.com/2010/05/new-animated-series-gi-joe-renegades.html
Disappear when you least expe--

Podmark

Sounds interesting to me, I'd probably give it a chance.

GI Joe was on when I was a kid, but I don't remember watching it too much.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Ares_God_of_War

So does that mean they will finally hit something other than a robot or will they have stormtrooper aim again?
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die."

captmorgan72

Weird that they say the series will not use bullets or any traditional weaponry and yet the picture shows shell casings ejecting out of those rifles.

crimsonquill

Quote from: captmorgan72 on May 18, 2010, 10:48:07 AM
Weird that they say the series will not use bullets or any traditional weaponry and yet the picture shows shell casings ejecting out of those rifles.

I think that's an error on the part of the web site/reporter because I checked the name of the picture they used and it's from G.I. Joe Resolute (the more realistic animated version of the Joes) so it kinda misrepresents the "no modern weapons" take from the newest series. I was kinda confused for a moment myself upon first glance until the designs seemed familiar and I checked further into the picture.

Quote from: Ares_God_of_War on May 18, 2010, 03:22:19 AM
So does that mean they will finally hit something other than a robot or will they have stormtrooper aim again?

I think they mean that it would still be a more adult show but since they are back on television in a series again (although on new cable network) they had to adjust the weaponry to not be traditional or things that the censors would be concerned about. Plus each character will once again have a trademark weapon so that it would be easier to tell one Joe from another (which also was done to appeal to network suits even in the '80s version). Plus I sure wouldn't be surprised that the B.A.T.s also make their return to become cannon fodder once again in some format.

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

BentonGrey

I was pretty disappointed with G.I. JOE Resolute, so a new JOE outing would be cool.  I don't like the idea of them not using traditional weapons, but I suppose you could color me mildly interested despite that.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/