News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Movement in Celestial: End of Time.

Started by ZozmaSage, March 23, 2012, 09:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZozmaSage

I just downloaded the wonderful FFx3 FF1 mappack, and noticed, much to my delight, there's the awesome End of Time map from the original game. Sadly, my characters can't seem to move around on the map; the pointer doesn't seem to recognize the ground as such, and flying sends them to the bottom of the screen. Is this a common problem, and if so is there a work around or another map of the same area?

steamteck

I have the same problem but unfortunately don't know a solution. The map pack is so huge I have to admit I never really worried about it much.

Cyber Burn

Is this map pack for  :ffvstr:? If so, where can I get it?

laughing paradox

Quote from: Cyber Burn on August 31, 2012, 12:01:56 AM
Is this map pack for  :ffvstr:? If so, where can I get it?

It is definitely for :ffvstr:. Googles did the community the favor in compiling many FF1 maps and made them playable for :ffvstr:. I recommend everyone downloads it.

You can get the mappack from his site, which is located here: http://gpwarehouse.freedomforceforever.com/

You would need to do a little work to update it to the latest FFX, though, but it's not that difficult.

Here's the instructions on how to do that:

1. Extract the Mappack rar file to somewhere where you can access the files.
1a. Make a backup of your FFX folder in case something goes wonky and you need to revert.

2. Copy the following directories from the Mappack folder to the FFX folder (you should be safe allowing overwrites - but a backup of the FFX folder would be advised see step #1a above):

- All Directories in 'Missions/' EXCEPT "Scripts"
- Art/Custom Characters
- Art/level layout
- Art/library/area_speciff1
- Art/library/area_specific
- Art/library/characters
- Art/library/terrain
- Art/library/vehicles

3. Merge the following DAT's from FFX to the Mappack folder (updates the mappack with the latest FFX entries)
- objects.dat
- characters.dat

4. Merge the following DAT's from Mappack back to the FFX folder (Adds the Map data back to FFX)
- objects.dat
- characters.dat

5. Try it out. If something broke and it doesn't work, revert to your backed up FFX folder and try again

laughing paradox

Oh, also... yeah, the last level map doesn't work. Sorry!

GogglesPizanno

I believe it doesn't work because unlike the previous End of Time levels that incorporate the cogs into the terrain itself. The last level uses a flat plane terrain object and the giant cog is added in the editor as an object. Unfortunately because the terrain is all flagged to AREA_UNPASSABLE and FFvTR seems to let the terrain settings overrule everything else when computing the movement grid its like the whole level has a giant "Unpassable" blanket over the whole thing.

You might be able to fix it by redoing the level and integrating the disk into the terrain file using nifskope. I tried briefly once, but couldn't get it to work.

mac402

Not that I want to necropost but I fixed the last FF1 End of Time map from Goggles' excellent mappack. It should be fully usable now. ;)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/77mch77jqqutu8f/fixedendoftimemap.rar

Epimethee

Nice job, Mac402!

(If you want a more permanent place to host this fix, I'll be happy to put it on my site.)
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

mac402

Quote from: Epimethee on April 18, 2015, 04:27:44 PM
(If you want a more permanent place to host this fix, I'll be happy to put it on my site.)

Gladly :) .

WyldFyre

Thanks Mac.  Really appreciate the work on this.
For Freedom!

FF Museum Website: http://ffmuseum.org/

Epimethee

FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com