The CW's iZombie

Started by Midnite, January 14, 2015, 08:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midnite

iZombie Trailer

Has anyone read the iZombie comic series?

JeyNyce

No way in the world she can be a zombie and she be attractive.....That's The CW for ya.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Starman

She's attractive in the comic, which is well worth reading ... it's really good and has art by Mike Allred.

The TV show ... eh. I was excited when it was initially announced, but then Rob Thomas said:

Quote"We didn't hue terribly close to the source material," Thomas told reporters of the comic that also features ghosts and vampires. "In the comic, there's a whole monster universe ... and we wanted to stay strictly zombie. We really needed a story engine. We wanted a case-of-the-week show. In the comic, the character is a grave digger. By making her an assistant medical examiner and putting her in the morgue, it gave us our case of the week that we wanted."

Also:

Quote"The center of the show is a zombie you can fall in love with," Thomas said. "A zombie you want to date. We were calling the show ZILFs. It helped me a lot that Warm Bodies had made it out in the universe and there was an example of a zombie you fall in love with. It gave us the confidence to say a zombie can be a hero of our show."

ZILFS.

On a network where even excellent genre shows like "The 100" can struggle for ratings, Rob Thomas should probably cool it the annoying descriptions.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/izombie-team-talks-veronica-mars-762521#comments

HarryTrotter

ZILFs?Thats gonna go viral...
Trailer doesnt really say much.Kinda like CSI with a supernatural twist?Not sure...
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

BWPS

I'll watch any Rob Thomas-related show. This is no exception.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

Talavar

The comic was fun, quirky and off-beat.  News that they're jettisoning most of it to make a zombie-procedural kills most of my interest.  Not all of it, but most.

BWPS

Hey did anyone watch this? It is phenomenal and gets better as it goes along into a scorcher of a finale. I highly recommend it.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

JeyNyce

I love the show and I'm looking forward to the second season
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Talavar

I actually ended up really liking this show.  It's a very different thing from the comic, but it ended up being great.