News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

no energy gain

Started by bearded, November 07, 2010, 03:18:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearded

is there an attribute that keeps a hero from gaining ep back?

GoldenGladiator

Battery-powered makes a character unable to regenerate energy, except with a hero point - but it'll also give you more starting energy than usual.

bearded

ah, i was hoping to deter energy gain without the extra energy.

stumpy

BATTERY POWERED and an energy stat of 1 combined with SLOW STARTER may be closer to what you want, but that may go too far, since the character starts with 0 energy points and never gains any (though using a hero point or energy canister will still set EP to maxEP, which would be 200 in this case).
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

bearded

what i was hoping for was a character who only gained his energy from symbiotic. combined with metabolic, so he is only strong and fast when the other symbiotic is there.

stumpy

It wouldn't be hard to write an attribute that let a character start with 100 EP (or 105, which is the default option in FFX 3+ to allow for overpowering) and to turn off the normal energy recharge.

It would be pretty tricky to write an attribute that disallowed extra energy from canisters, hero points, the energy draw / energy transfer powers, etc.
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

catwhowalksbyhimself

If you modified the canister code (which is all python scripted) it would be quite easy to disallow that.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

bearded

i am able to write code, but only for specific missions. i have never been able to figure out how to change code into attributes.