News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

extra geometry with blender?

Started by UnfluffyBunny, November 14, 2011, 04:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnfluffyBunny

I've looked around a fair bit, particularly at ewzzy's notes at using blender with FF, for some reason the niftools refused to install for me (I hate exe's for blender scripts -_-) but I noted he hadnt found a way to effectively add extra geometry to FF models within blender, I was wondering if anyone had any success with this? or if it's lack of knowledge on how to do it with blender?
I was wondering if anyone would take the time to experiment with the weighting options of blender if it hasnt already been tried, I really wanted to try this myself, but as I mentioned, cannot get the nif import tools running at this point ¬_¬

either way, if anyone -would- like to look into this, i'll post a very truncated tutorial for how weighting works in blender, and hey, if it works, might make make some workflow easier for someone.

Randomdays

I've worked with this alot lately, going a different route for different results.

Using Blender, I took Tommyboy's Trek Mesh, and stripped everything off of it but the armature so I could use his Kf's. I then imported a Dr McCoy mesh from Activision/ Raven's Elite Force game, and weight painted it ot the armature. Hard learning process but learned a lot doing it.

Last, I added in a TOS phaser, phaser rifle and tricorder to the mesh, since animations were in place for them already.

From the experience, I've learned enough to be able to add an item to a mesh or add a mesh from almost any other game as long as there is a simular kf available; making new animations from scratch is still beyond me.

http://freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=54651.120

life_matrix

Quote from: UnfluffyBunny on November 14, 2011, 04:23:42 PM
...either way, if anyone -would- like to look into this, i'll post a very truncated tutorial for how weighting works in blender, and hey, if it works, might make make some workflow easier for someone.

I, for one, would be interested in a tutorial on the "More attachment points result in conforming parts" bit. That - along with animations - is one of the parts of meshing that really scares me.  I've started to get the handle of using Blender. I've made some stuff in Blender and I've done some simple stuff in NifScope. But while I've played around with programs, I've not done any meshing as of yet. I may yet brave that world through some of the Blender tutorials available, though.

I'd really like to modify a mesh to have some extra conforming parts, such as long boots. Also, I want a type of long coat with tails that do not entirely conform to the mesh - hanging freely most of the time, but conform a little when a leg would normally brush the tail out of the way, as opposed to passing right through it. (I'm guessing that would be difficult without a lot of keyframe changes.)
"I'm going to hang up this phone, and then I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world without you. A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible." - Neo, The Matrix