• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Problem...can anyone help pls?

Started by Gabonza, December 01, 2008, 11:53:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabonza

I am having problems importing  Spawn (http://heroforce.freedomforceforever.com/HFindex.htm) :ffvstr: i have read manuals of how to import it, but i just cant...pls can anyone help me use it?  :banghead:

AfghanAnt

You have to be a little more descriptive of what the problem is.

Gabonza

Ok so i found  Spawn (model,skin,texture i dont know what it is,there are 11 tga files, it can be downloaded form here http://heroforce.freedomforceforever.com/HFindex.htm ) and i want to use him at  :ffvstr: but i dont know how  :banghead:

Previsionary

I'm gonna make the general suggestion that you learn up on the gaming terminology as it will help you explain yourself better in the future...which will help you get aid much quicker.

What you downloaded is a skin. The skin won't work without the mesh it is intended for which should be detailed in the readme. That skin uses the "Spawn mesh" by syn which you can get here. Also, check out the list of tutorial thread as it has a bunch of useful info that might aid ya.

Gabonza

Thanks for all the help...and sorry if you dont undrestand me i try my best   :)

Gabonza

ok so now i download the mesh and put the skin on the mesh right?

herodad1

open up the mesh file,look for a file called skin/s ,then put the spawn skin file in the skin file.

Mystik

AfghanAnt

Oh Tuty, you did such a wonderful job explaining installation to the noob.

GogglesPizanno

Tuty Strikes Again!
AA Makes a rhyme.
Shirley makes a pointless silly comment.

All is right with the world.

Gabonza

Oh come on dude you werent born knowing anything you smart***  :thumbdown:  i am just starting to mod this game...i have done many difficult things considering moding at many games and i dont permit you calling me like this, its a matter of honour and respect to each other dude...i got nothing with you, but this noob thing really ticked me off  :angry: i took it like an insult, after all thats why forums are made to help people and guide people new to those things  :P

GogglesPizanno

No reason to take it so personally.
You'll find that we are all very helpful, but we all tend to crack a few jokes about it as well. I don't think it was meant to come off as insulting. When it comes to modding this game you are a noob... nothing wrong with that... we all were at one point in time (some of us still are) -- embrace it. Be one with it.

the_ultimate_evil

gabonza i guess i should take some flack as i was the to tell you to come here.

don't worry about the lot here, it's mostly in-jokes that fly over peoples heads

Gabonza

Yes i agree at moding this game I AM A NOOB and a big one thats the truth :P :thumbup:

Gabonza

Atlast i made it!!! allelujia but...1 more question while the character moves (Spawn) there is a problem with his cape..it doesnt really move normally...can it be fixed?

Gabonza

Hi man :thumbup: nice to see you ;)

daglob

Silly, obvious question: are you sure you have the right keyframes? I actually think that mesh comes with KF, though.

If this mesh wasn't designated FFv3R and you converted it, I would like to make a suggestion: copy both keyframes and mesh to, say the skins folder, then run the converter program on them again. Check in CTool, and see if it's better or worse. If better, erase copies, if worse, put copies where the originals are.

If it doesn't work, them I'm at a loss.