• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

nifskope question

Started by Vertex, November 13, 2008, 03:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vertex

I don't know which topic nifskope questions go.. so here goes.

I've been puttering around with nifskope on some of my old meshes, and I wanted particularly to see the material settings for my blinn objects. Now Mano69 had a see through globe for instance and I was trying to see what it would show me for the material settings (what skins were assigned, transparency,etc) but I wasn't seeing anything of that nature. Can nifskope show any of that data and I'm just too unschooled to find it.. or is that too much to ask of nifskope?

GogglesPizanno

Most nifskope question go in the hex editing forum...

In answer to the question, make sure you have block list view and block detail enabled form the View menu.

Then select the mesh in question so that it is highlighted. In the block list it should have highlighted a "NiTriShape" node. If you expand that node, you should be able to see all the properties (material, textures etc...). Just select them to see the detail in the block detail window.

Now it sometimes takes a little fumbling around to find what exactly you are looking for... but there is actually lots of data to find and play around with.