The Soup Begins

Started by MJB, November 10, 2008, 09:03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJB

Mmmm.... Broccoli and cheese soup.

-MJB

ow_tiobe_sb

Quote from: Meejit ManThe Soup Begins

Wouldn't discussion of this Christopher Nolan film belong belong in the "Film, Television, Video and Music Discussion" forum instead of the revolving name forum?

[spoiler][/spoiler]

ow_tiobe_sb
Phantom Bunburyist and Fop o' th' Morning

MJB

I say thee nay, Ow_Tiobe. This is a thread to speak of the glories that is soup and all it's soupiness.

-MJB

The Phantom Eyebrow

* Revels in soup *

Yummy!  A subtle blend of of chocolate coated confectionary and vegetable stock

Kommando

I had Creamy Field Mushroom Soup at Tim Horton's yesterday, made with three kinds of mushrooms - shiitake, porcini and button.  Never been too fond of button mushrooms, but nonetheless the soup was good.

Deaths Jester

Mmmm...human soup!! *chops MJB into tiny pieces and soupafies him* What quit looking at me that way, us undead have to eat something on cold days!

MJB

I would bet a US dollar that I make a fuggin' tasty soup.

-MJB

SouperIan

ow_tiobe_sb

*clears SouperIan (of all charges)*

ow_tiobe_sb
Phantom Bunburyist and SI's Estranged Mamapapa

The Phantom Eyebrow

So this thread is about consommé as well then?  :huh:

ow_tiobe_sb

Quote from: The Phantom Eyebrow on November 22, 2008, 03:16:38 AM

Oho, Eyebrow!  Your clever discours littéral will not save you from...from...what was the threat du jour again?  I suppose 'tis always correct to mention unrestrained capitalisme.  ^_^

ow_tiobe_sb
Bunburyiste Fantôme et Menace du jour

Deaths Jester

Quote from: ow_tiobe_sb on November 22, 2008, 07:36:58 AM
Quote from: The Phantom Eyebrow on November 22, 2008, 03:16:38 AM

Oho, Eyebrow!  Your clever discours littéral will not save you from...from...what was the threat du jour again?  I suppose 'tis always correct to mention unrestrained capitalisme.  ^_^

ow_tiobe_sb
Bunburyiste Fantôme et Menace du jour

Oi!  TPB, ue canae remember what the threat du jour was?!?!?!  I was being a main course for moi!  Oi!

The Phantom Eyebrow

Quote from: Deaths Jester on November 22, 2008, 09:02:45 AM
Oi!  TPB, ue canae remember what the threat du jour was?!?!?!  I was being a main course for moi!  Oi!

:blink:  Now that's an image that boggles the mind!  I know Yeats talked about the difficulties in separating the dancer from the dance, but you have taken soup-appreciation to a whole new level!

(I would call you the consommé professional for this, but I suspect you make more a bisque or chowder dish)

ow_tiobe_sb

Quote from: The Phantom Eyebrow on November 26, 2008, 11:29:10 AM
:blink:  Now that's an image that boggles the mind!  I know Yeats talked about the difficulties in separating the dancer from the dance, but you have taken soup-appreciation to a whole new level!

No, no, Eyebrow.  I believe you are confusing Mr. Yeats with one Sergeant Fottrell of Dalkey, who put forth a mad theory about inverted gyres, phases of the moon, a salacious swan, a ruined tower, dancers and dances and the lot.  Mr. Yeats rather soberly formulated a cogent atomic theory of the bicycle and its attendant challenges to the molecular/compositional purity of both bicycle and frequent bicyclist.

And then there was Altkirk from Aberdeen who put both of those gents out to pasture with his "If-I-can-hold-my-breath-while-downing-a-pint-of-heavy-then-you're-as-barmy-as-I" comprehensive theory of life, the universe, and everything.  That Altkirk was also a great admirer of soup, and, sadly, 'twas the soup that killed him (a tragic accident that occurred when an inquisitive onlooker put Altkirk's comprehensive theory to the test by ladling cream of broccoli into the man's nostrils whilst the champion thinker attempted to broach pint number three of his dissertation).

ow_tiobe_sb
Phantom Bunburyist and Fop o' th' Morning