• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Tribute to the Fallen FF Artists

Started by AfghanAnt, October 27, 2008, 12:27:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AfghanAnt

So I'm not one to get emotional but after reading over HQ's thread I'd like to propose a tribute in the form of skinning, skoping, meshing whatever to forum members who have pass on.

Paradox
Webrider (Commander Carrot)
Matrix
FLASH_22798

Matrix's death hits me the hardest because I didn't know he had died and this whole time I thought of e-mailing him to see how he was doing and I hadn't. We spoke frequently on Yahoo and AIM but it was always about skinning or X-characters, not our lives so I never knew the health issues he was dealing with. I've decide I'd like to remember Matrix by making a redux of his gender-bender Afghan Ant skin which was never released and redesign of his avatar. I know doing both would have made him happy so I think that is the least I could do to honor his memory.

Panther_Gunn

I'll go ahead & speak for the Titans on this one (and hope I don't get slapped down for talking out of turn).  The idea has been discussed, there are plans in the works, but the execution of those plans has yet to finalize.  I've queried an individual or two about things, but have yet to hear anything back (my PM inbox may be too full, but nobody's said anything), so forward progress has, for the moment, been stalled.

Once the initial stages of the plans have moved forward, I plan on tapping certain individuals, and perhaps the community at large, for their assistance.  Hopefully more on that soon.

Having said that, part of the plans were to have a thread where people could post their thoughts on the subject, in good taste of course.  I therefore proclaim that part of the project has seen fruition.  Huzzah!  :P

AfghanAnt

If anyone would like to contribute (even kind words) feel free.

Panther maybe we can get this turned into a sticky?

yell0w_lantern

AfghanAnt

Flash's cousin, Cyber Burn, has all the details but he made this post a couple of months ago: http://freedomreborn.net/archive/index.php?topic=46837.0

Podmark

It's always sad when we lose a member.

I always wondered what happened to Matrix. We used to work together on skinning projects and then he was gone. I'd always hoped he'd just moved on from the forum. He will be missed as will the others.

House Quake

Wow.. I didn't know about FLASH_22798  :(

cmdrkoenig67

I didn't know about Flash either....That's really terrible.

Dana

ow_tiobe_sb

Quote from: Panther_Gunn on October 27, 2008, 03:13:32 PM
I'll go ahead & speak for the Titans on this one (and hope I don't get slapped down for talking out of turn).  The idea has been discussed, there are plans in the works, but the execution of those plans has yet to finalize.  I've queried an individual or two about things, but have yet to hear anything back (my PM inbox may be too full, but nobody's said anything), so forward progress has, for the moment, been stalled.

You have Hotmail, P_G. ;)

ow_tiobe_sb
Phantom Bunburyist and Fop o' th' Morning

juancho

OMG, I didnt know anytihng about Matirx. Will and I were really good firends, we used to chat a lot over msn or Y!M, mostly of other stuff than skining . He was really kind to me, gave me lots of advice in so many ways, I never knew he was dealing with heatlth issues, this makes me really sad. I really thought he was away for work, because last time we talked he told me he was working hard and traveling a bit..
I am really sorry to hear this

AA I still have all of Matrix and mine FF gender bender redesigns, ocntact me and we can think of a way of releasing them, as a kind of tribute to our friend...

JLAfan2001

Wow! I'm shocked. I PMed FLASH not too long ago asking him a question about one of his Yahoo groups. I noticed on his profile that he hasn't been active for a year but I thought it was because he left the community. I've just read Cyber Burn's thread and was really saddened by what happened. I didn't know Flash but still, it was a shock. One would never know anything was wrong by reading the DC request thread. I don't know anything about skinning. modding etc and I'm not sure of what help I can be in that sense but I would still like to offer my help anywhere I can.

yell0w_lantern

:(
I didn't know that. He was very nice and helped me out with skins for Customforce-X.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: juancho on October 28, 2008, 05:36:27 PM
AA I still have all of Matrix and mine FF gender bender redesigns, ocntact me and we can think of a way of releasing them, as a kind of tribute to our friend...

Definitely, I could add them to Hero Force unless HQ or someone else would like too. It's weird that you have those because I just finished my version of Matrix' idea and I would honestly be honored to host his work.

the_ultimate_evil

para gave me advice and [expletive deleted] on my skins, and webrider helped me with meshs for characters i thought i would never see

i'm in if you'll have me

f e e d b a c k is now a curse word??

AfghanAnt

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on October 29, 2008, 01:25:30 PM
para gave me advice and [expletive deleted] on my skins, and webrider helped me with meshs for characters i thought i would never see

i'm in if you'll have me

Of course, we will.

Volsung

I behave strangely sometimes on forums (especially in foreign languages), I'm quite happy-go-lucky, quite gauche. I sometimes treat it like if it was artificiel. I don't consistently remember that any post was written by someone real. That those people does not dissapear when I disconnect.
I almost forget that there's a human being behind every colorfull avatar.
Humain being with a life, plans and families.

Death is a neverending lottery which strikes anytime anywhere. Everyday we hear about the deaths of unknowns, it affects us randomly moderately...
The great advantage and terrible flaw of the internet and forums is the fact that it bring together peoples.
Circles of friendship or at least acquaintance increase tenfold. The risk to see cross death of others increase aswell. They are not unknowns anymore.

You're missed guys.
Condolences

Micromax

Gee... it must hit you hard when you find out someone has been dead for a while well.. he was a good guy... well he's with God now but he will be missed :( .

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Volsung on October 30, 2008, 04:45:27 AM
I behave strangely sometimes on forums (especially in foreign languages), I'm quite happy-go-lucky, quite gauche. I sometimes treat it like if it was artificiel. I don't consistently remember that any post was written by someone real. That those people does not dissapear when I disconnect.
I almost forget that there's a human being behind every colorfull avatar.
Humain being with a life, plans and families.

Death is a neverending lottery which strikes anytime anywhere. Everyday we hear about the deaths of unknowns, it affects us randomly moderately...
The great advantage and terrible flaw of the internet and forums is the fact that it bring together peoples.
Circles of friendship or at least acquaintance increase tenfold. The risk to see cross death of others increase aswell. They are not unknowns anymore.

You're missed guys.
Condolences

Well put.

Part Two is up at my skin thread: http://freedomreborn.net/archive/index.php?topic=41272.msg662807#msg662807

An additional skin/skope has been added to my tribute because I felt like it.