• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

KOTOR MMO Official

Started by Kommando, October 24, 2008, 08:38:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kommando

Camma

*glee*

Now as long as sony doesn't come anywhere near this we may be ok.

catwhowalksbyhimself

It's Bioware's project, the people behind the first KOTOR game.

In fact, there will be companions to recruit with personalities and each class gets it's own opening storyline.

TheMarvell

I say BOO on MMO's regardless of who's making it. I'd much rather have them use the time, energy, and resources to make KotOR 3, the third entry in a kick-arse SINGLE player game like the first two.

I'm not entirely against the MMO idea, but they really should have made a 3rd game first to tie up loose ends in the story and THEN going the MMO route. I think the only way I'd buy this game is if there's no monthly fee...

Kommando

Quote from: TheMarvell on October 26, 2008, 09:55:49 PM
I say BOO on MMO's regardless of who's making it. I'd much rather have them use the time, energy, and resources to make KotOR 3, the third entry in a kick-arse SINGLE player game like the first two.

I'm not entirely against the MMO idea, but they really should have made a 3rd game first to tie up loose ends in the story and THEN going the MMO route. I think the only way I'd buy this game is if there's no monthly fee...

I dunno. After the first two, I'm kind of looking forward to a game that takes me more than two days to finish.

Talavar

Here's another Boo to MMOs.  They seem like the only games that still get made for the PC these days.

Camma

Quote from: Talavar on October 27, 2008, 12:33:56 PM
They seem like the only games that still get marketed for the PC these days.

fix'd

Most of the games that are primarily marketed to consol players are also on PC.

Talavar

Quote from: Camma on October 27, 2008, 01:40:57 PM
They seem like the only games that still get marketed for the PC these days.

fix'd

Most of the games that are primarily marketed to consol players are also on PC.

Thanks, but it didn't need 'fixing.'  Games that get ported from consoles to the PC aren't exactly made for the PC, now are they?

Kommando

Here's another Boo to MMOs.  They seem like the only games that still get made for the PC these days.

The Spore case beside me disagrees with you.

thalaw2

Why not just make this an expansion pack for SWG online.  SWG has been around for years now and probably needs a good update. 

catwhowalksbyhimself

Because then it would just be a slight update of a mediocre game instead of something new that might actually be awesome.

And there are LOTS of non MMO's for the PC. Many are being made by smaller companies, but not all.  As was said above, the MMO's just have the heck marketed out of them.

TheMarvell

I would have to say that a good majority of PC exclusive games are MMO's. About every 6 months or so, something noteworthy and different will come along, usually an RTS or some type of sim game, but that's about it, and I"m mainly talking PC exclusive titles here. PC gaming has shrunk considerably in the last several years. Most of the stuff that isn't an MMO is merely a port of a console game.

the Kotor games were between 30 and 40 hours long. Beating it in two days is possible, but did you just rush through it? I'd rather have another solid, memorable single player experience like how the series started, if only at the very least to tie up loose ends left at the very disappointing end of Kotor 2. MMO's are already a bloated genre.

I'm not doubting it'll be a good game, but why couldn't they make this after making Kotor 3?

bat1987

I don`t like this, I would`ve preffered the actual single player sequel. The first two games were awesome, finished both of them twice (both light and dark ending).

Kommando

Courtnall6

Quote from: Kommando on December 12, 2008, 07:47:08 PM
First look at gameplay:  http://www.swtor.com/media/vidcasts/viddoc001?sourceid=ea2829

Impressive...most impressive!

C'mon...someone was bound to say it! :P

Anyway it does look pretty sweet. I loved KOTOR I and II. Mass Effect was very well done too so I can't see Bio Ware screwing this up. I'm hoping that companion you get makes the game somewhat easier to play solo.

GogglesPizanno

It looks like they at least are trying to add some new gameplay components to it (though we've heard these same marketing speeches from EVERY developer about their games).

Maybe its my antisocial nature, but Im not really a fan of MMO games (or their monthly fee) and Im kinda burned out on Star Wars these days. Even a new KotOR III would have to work really hard to get me excited.