• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Vista skinning problem :S

Started by catastrophe, October 01, 2008, 06:42:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catastrophe

Hey, im having trouble with some Targa files needing allowance to be edited. I've figured out how to allow them but is there any way i can do it with several files instead of one at a time? Its a big pain when im trying to skin a mesh like Tommyboy's Im_mk21_tf(ironman) with all its several parts.

Previsionary

either you have UAC on or you need to highlight every TGA and collectively turn off the read only option.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Previsionary on October 01, 2008, 07:15:18 AM
either you have UAC on or you need to highlight every TGA and collectively turn off the read only option.

UAC?

Previsionary

User Account Control. I wasn't sure what he meant by "allowance". Twas too vague. ^_^

AfghanAnt

AH! I'm having the weirdest issue with copy skins in charactertool, it creates a new skin but I have no clue where the skin is because it isn't in the skins folder of the mesh.

Cyber Burn

I want to say that there is an extra file added to where your hero files are kept. But I could be wrong. I remember having to run a search to find where the copied skin folder ended up, but that was awhile ago. I wish I could help out a little more, but I'm not on my pc right now.

Previsionary

Quote from: AfghanAnt on October 01, 2008, 01:35:50 PM
AH! I'm having the weirdest issue with copy skins in charactertool, it creates a new skin but I have no clue where the skin is because it isn't in the skins folder of the mesh.

Were you copying a built-in skin or a custom skin? What's your setup for ctool2? The default setup? I just tested it on a custom and a built in and both skins were found in the correct mesh folder in: Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\Custom\Art\library\characters\[mesh folder]

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Previsionary on October 01, 2008, 03:12:23 PM
Quote from: AfghanAnt on October 01, 2008, 01:35:50 PM

Were you copying a built-in skin or a custom skin? What's your setup for ctool2? The default setup? I just tested it on a custom and a built in and both skins were found in the correct mesh folder in: Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\Custom\Art\library\characters\[mesh folder]

It is all standard and I was copying a custom character.