• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

It is soon to be finished...

Started by Tortuga, September 10, 2008, 10:32:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tortuga

Hey folks,

It's been awhile since I've had the time or motivation to sit down and play CoH/V, so today I did the deed and pressed that big ol' cancel button on the NCSoft site.  I've actually been into school planning (which CoH used to help me to avoid), riding my new recumbent trike and playing the XBOX.  I thought to just let my account keep going, but that's a little bit wasteful.  So I've cancelled for now (I think the account runs out early October) -- perhaps I13 will get me back into it with Mission Architecturing, etc, but who knows.  I'm looking forward to teaming with you all again in Champions Online if it ends up being decent, or perhaps even CoH2 (one can hope!).

So I'd like to say a huge thanks to this community for 4+ years of good times.  Lots of laughs, creativity and late nights.  I'd mention particular people but wouldn't want to offend anyone by leaving them out.  I really enjoyed the effort this community put into creating unique experiences -- AFBL, PVP Nights, 50s Night and Circus Infamous will always bring good memories.

For now, I'll just leave with these quotable memories...

DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING!

kik'

This ain't getting me closer to 50!

Throw them farters!

Go Minotaurs!

Ooga Booga, it's Tortuga!

Stay right there, ye wee beastie!

and last (at least of what I can think of...) but not least

That's it! I'm cancelling!

RTTingle

Welcome to the dark side...

... see you on the free weekends.  ;)

RTT

Figure Fan

Viking

(*sniffs, wipes tears from eyes*)

I'll miss ya, Tort!  I'll never forget such other gems like...

Halt, friends!  I smell danger... and lemonade!

I'LL GET YOPU!!!

BlueBard

We'll miss you...

Can I have your room?  ;)

Zapow

Bujin

QuoteSo I'd like to say a huge thanks to this community for 4+ years of good times.  Lots of laughs, creativity and late nights.  I'd mention particular people but wouldn't want to offend anyone by leaving them out.

That's okay, everyone knows you're really talking about the Buj!   ;)

Tortuga

Quote from: Viking on September 11, 2008, 11:20:39 AM

Halt, friends!  I smell danger... and lemonade!

I'LL GET YOPU!!!

Quote from: Zapow on September 12, 2008, 04:13:24 PM
THIS.

ENDS.

NOW!!!

Forgot about those ones.  Also remembered:

SCREW YOU!

"Showing love to his neighbours by beating up his other neighbours."

and "Stay close for heals".

Good times, good times.

MJB

Zapow

Viking

MikeB7

Man, your creativity will be missed.  I had so much fun from the AFBL, the Circus, Cali/Soul, Brave/Crystal, Lobe/Septus...all kinda stuff and junk that was fun, which I found to be enjoyable in the sense that it was fun.

LIVINONTHEEDGE!!

Funeral-Pyre

Sad news, Tort.  I know we haven't teamed up in awhile, but it was always a pleasure when we did.

Stopman

Um, so where did your influence/infamy go???  :rolleyes:

MJB

Too late, Stoppy. I tolatly called dibs. :P

-MJB

Marmeille

Oh noes...

Gonna have to put a black veil on my Torteille outfit now  :huh:

Ephemeris

Stopman

Quote from: MJB on September 16, 2008, 03:48:19 PM
Too late, Stoppy. I tolatly called dibs. :P

-MJB

...Waits for the next one to leave....

Tortuga

Quote from: Ephemeris on September 17, 2008, 07:58:01 AM
"So I Married A Dreck Murderer"

Oh man, how could I forget the Dreck movie marathon.  That still makes me laugh.

Alaric

Since I've mostly dropped out of the game, myself, I understand perfectly- you've been playing even longer than I have, since you were in beta...

Personally, I'm going to wait and see whether I13 rekindles my interest before giving up on the game. It's kind of annoying... Looks like they're going to be adding a lot to the game in the near future, including many things I've been wanting to see, but I'm afraid I may be completely burnt out...

Oh, well... Looking forward to Champions Online...

Always a pleasure to team with you, Tort.

Camma

Quote from: Tortuga on September 17, 2008, 03:06:26 PM
Quote from: Ephemeris on September 17, 2008, 07:58:01 AM
"So I Married A Dreck Murderer"

Oh man, how could I forget the Dreck movie marathon.  That still makes me laugh.

I spit coffee all over my monitor when i read that, that was one of the funniest things ever.

Sad to see you "officially" go.  I think we should all take a cue from Marm and do Tort Tribute Costumes.

Bujin

I also haven't played much in the past month or two, and my son hasn't played in forever.  We both suspended our accounts - I'm hoping that future issues bring me back. 

NeoDarke

*sighs* My return draws nigh, and ye leave. Story of me life...

/em waits for real compy

/EDIT

I'm back... :lol: