• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Shield weirdness

Started by Dr.Volt, September 09, 2008, 05:51:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr.Volt

Hey guys, I need some help.  I have a very problem that has arisen with Ren's Captain America meshes.  Actually, it appears to be any Ren mesh that uses a shield.  Oddly, whenever I use one these meshes, and use the shield throw key frame...directly after a sharp, white "s" looking thing appears near the right hand of the mesh and won't go away.  This "s" thing looks a little like the shuriken fx that are common in the game.  For the record I use  :ffvstr:.  Thig bug does not appear to be happening with any of my other meshes.

What might be causing this?  Why only Ren's shield meshes?  And yet it's not just one mesh but all of them in that category.  Odd.  How might this be fixed?

Your help is appreciated!

JKCarrier

I think this is actally a problem with the FX, rather than the mesh. Try deleting the start.nif from the shield throw FX.

Previsionary

correct. It's a well documented fx problem that happens with certain fx nifs such as the old batarang fx and some old capt shield throws, iirc. Luckily, the batarangs and the shield throws all got updated by Ren and myself. Move on up, bud. :P

Though, if this does happen to be isolated to Ren's meshes even after you update (though no one else reported the problem), take a pic and show it to him so he can check it out.

Dr.Volt

Oh, it's with fx itself.  That makes sense!  I'll try that and see what happens. 

Thanks!