• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Tina is back, baby! one life to live

Started by bearded, September 03, 2008, 09:33:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearded

one life to live, the only soap i ever watched, back in the grooving 80's, i was totally in love with tina, and cord and max and gabriel,
and now the actress, andrea is back as tina!  i'm going to start watching again!
one life to live had the best science fiction and practically comic book scenarios ever.  max was dying and luna entered his mind and fought the incarnation of death to bring him back.  there was a flying saucer with angels on it,
any oltl fans here?  don't leave me hanging!

Mr. Hamrick

you scare me . . . and that's not easy to do.

docdelorean88

RTTingle

Quote from: bearded on September 03, 2008, 09:33:30 AM
one life to live, the only soap i ever watched, back in the grooving 80's, i was totally in love with tina, and cord and max and gabriel,
and now the actress, andrea is back as tina!  i'm going to start watching again!
one life to live had the best science fiction and practically comic book scenarios ever.  max was dying and luna entered his mind and fought the incarnation of death to bring him back.  there was a flying saucer with angels on it,
any oltl fans here?  don't leave me hanging!

:blink:

:unsure:

It all started when I stayed home sick from school one day...I had a HUGE crush on Andrea Evans and she was the sole reason I watched the show.  The only blonde I ever fancied.  Once she left, I lost all interest.  Watched GH for a bit afterwords, lost interest after Duke left --- he was cool.  Scotty was good for a laugh, but eh... they made him too goofy soon after. ... and thats all I have to say about that.

RTT

GhostMachine

I used to watch Days of Our Lives, but that was back in the good old days before they did stupid crap like Marlena being possessed and John being brainwashed into having another personality with his real personality stored on a microchip or something (read they did something like that recently, and I'm soooo glad I quit watching years ago), and before they replaced most of the cast with a bunch of early 20-somethings.

Renegade

Hey, I'm not only one who noticed that Tina is back! Coolio!. I've never been a soap watcher, but I do love serialized storytelling and persistent universes, so it didn't take much for me to pick up OLTL about 15 years ago when Clint took that time travel trip back to the old west. Fun times!

I had the show on as background noise for years while working at home, but fell away when I had a studio job for several years. I never really got back into the daily habit of watching it again, but I do kind of follow it very loosely sometimes; a few minutes here a few there. Not only is Tina back, but I noticed yesterday that the actress who played the original Marty Saybrook is back too, although I think she might be playing a different character.

Coincidentally, when I stopped watching regularly there was an actor on the show who lasted about a year before moving on to another soap for 9 years. He and I wound up working together as he is the executive producer of the latest animated project I just finished directing!

bearded

wow, that's awesome!
which actor?  max?  that detective?
what about the evil bald guy?  i can't remember his name, but he was so charismatic.

Renegade

He played Ben the doctor who was interested in Nora's daughter. He moved over to another soap and played a doctor named Ben! Not the same character though.

And hey, the evil bald guy was back this summer too! Tina was involved in his plotline with Christian and his girlfriend. Something about a royal wedding or somesuch. Like I said, I don't follow it too closely anymore, but I do catch bits and pieces.

thalaw2

Renegade

cmdrkoenig67

Um...I used to watch Days years ago, GH with my Great Grandmother when I was a little kid and was hooked on Passions for a couple years, before it went to Direct TV... :D

Dana

bearded

Quote from: Renegade on September 04, 2008, 08:25:08 PM
He played Ben the doctor who was interested in Nora's daughter. He moved over to another soap and played a doctor named Ben! Not the same character though.

And hey, the evil bald guy was back this summer too! Tina was involved in his plotline with Christian and his girlfriend. Something about a royal wedding or somesuch. Like I said, I don't follow it too closely anymore, but I do catch bits and pieces.
wow.  that's incredible.  i have to try and catch those episodes, they are on a website, i just have to figure out the exact days.
all they really need is cord back.  i heard he did a special appearance in 2004.

MJB

Sevenforce

I...have NO idea whats going on :mellow:

Bujin

When I was in college, there were a bunch of us in our dorm (all guys) who watched Days of our Lives every day.  This was back when John Black was introduced and basically played out the plot of the Bourne Identity on the show.  It's funny that they still seem to resurrect that storyline, and give John a new past, whenever they need to shake things up.

I will add my name to those who had a crush on Andrea Evans, but it was nothing compared to my crush on Catherine Mary Stewart, Days' original Kayla, who later starred in The Last Starfighter.