• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Issue 14: Architect!

Started by Alaric, August 26, 2008, 09:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alaric

Features list here.

More in-depth info here.

B A D

Thats another one im looking forward too. Jeez louise, lookit all the purty content.

UnfluffyBunny

Midnight

Viking

A tear of joy trickles slowly down my eye!

Story Arc construction.  Oh.  My Freaking.  God.   Positron even outright said that this is not intended to make for "easy farming" of stuff.  Rather, it's meant to help players tell the stories that they want to tell.  I am so stoked about the potential this brings for creating a diversity of mission content.  Naturally, it remains to be seen what level of customizability can be accomplished with the mission creation.  And if they discourage "farming" missions by cutting rewards to below levels of ordinary missions, this will start cutting the incentive to actually play through them.  But the ability to let players create new storytelling content and share it with the MMORPG world at large would be quite the coup, I imagine.  Does anybody know of any other MMORPGs that allow anything remotely similar?

Cimerora gains new missions, which was to be expected.  More content that villains and heroes can work together on!  Yay!

Shields and "Evil Empathy" are introduced.  Awesome.  Shields should be a fun new element for both heroes and villains.  I dub the other one "Evil Empathy" because "Pain Domination" gives the misleading impression that it's a Dominator powerset, when in fact it is meant for Corruptors and Masterminds.

And an alternate pipeline to obtain resources that previously could only be obtained by running Strike Forces or Trials, while still giving extra credit to running the Strike Force or Trial itself?  Coolness!

The one thing that makes me sigh in mild frustration is the addition of "cool stuff that you have to pay to get."  I realize it was probably inevitable, given the success of the Wedding Pack stuff, but I'm not sure it's a trend I like.

Ephemeris

Tortuga

This might pull me back in the game!

Of course, the craziness of school and family life hasn't helped much.

RTTingle

Pull me back indeed.

These are features that a simple weekend will not suffice.  Mission creation alone would keep me busy making the storylines I'd love to have EC really go on.

I really like how shields can use chest emblems.

But what has me most intrigued is the day job bit.  Its passive and nothing you actually do other than log out in a certain spot... but I still like the effort.  I hope they're able to add more detail to the world with places to accommodate this more.  A Paragon Times building for starters.  Perhaps a museum?  I can think of several more places I'd like to see added for this. 

The paid packs have my eyes and I'm curious to see what the bonus power is for the robots pack.  I definitely think they're worth it and have no issues so far with this.

RTT

BlueBard

UnfluffyBunny

interesting point i picked out on the topic of day jobs
QuoteThis started out as a kind of “secret identity” system, but we wanted to save the term Secret Identity for a system that fit that name better.

Lionheart

Quote from: UnfluffyBunny on August 27, 2008, 02:51:48 PM
interesting point i picked out on the topic of day jobs
QuoteThis started out as a kind of "secret identity" system, but we wanted to save the term Secret Identity for a system that fit that name better.

Yeah, I pulled that quote out on the CO forums too when somebody complained about CoH's poor secret ID system. The Day Jobs isn't it.  :)

Alaric

For new info, see here!

(Changed the name of this thread to correspond with new info)