• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Help me make a thread

Started by The Phantom Eyebrow, August 16, 2008, 07:04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Phantom Eyebrow

I don't mind admitting to you all that's its been the longest time since I've come up with (or indeed made) a thread here in this part of what I like to call 'the forums'.  "All very well" you might say, "in fact 'tis a blessing" I hear you infer in those oh-so-ascerbic 'inverted commas' you like to talk in, but for me this is a cause for what I can only describe as angst.  AAAAAAAHHHHHH... angst... 

So, now you know, next time you log in here and spend your time enjoying yourselves, merrily perusing and reviewing the gamut of topics made by others (others other than me if you please), know you then that you're only breaking my heart!  It is is my fondest wish that I might come up with such ideas myself you know, and direct the course of discourse throughout the forum.  I have the will, but the ideas are lacking and I find myself reduced to this feeble device - writing a post about how difficult is is to come up with subjects to post about (oh, how very avant garde, I sneer to myself).  You are welcome to respond and/or reply to this, but I implore yee if you do do so, and if you have an ounce of conscience, now that I have the stage to treat me kindly:  thread softly, because you tread on my dreams.

kkhohoho

Quote from: The Phantom Eyebrow on August 16, 2008, 07:04:51 PM
I don't mind admitting to you all that's its been the longest time since I've come up with (or indeed made) a thread here in this part of what I like to call 'the forums'.  "All very well" you might say, "in fact 'tis a blessing" I hear you infer in those oh-so-ascerbic 'inverted commas' you like to talk in, but for me this is a cause for what I can only describe as angst.  AAAAAAAHHHHHH... angst... 

So, now you know, next time you log in here and spend your time enjoying yourselves, merrily perusing and reviewing the gamut of topics made by others (others other than me if you please), know you then that you're only breaking my heart!  It is is my fondest wish that I might come up with such ideas myself you know, and direct the course of discourse throughout the forum.  I have the will, but the ideas are lacking and I find myself reduced to this feeble device - writing a post about how difficult is is to come up with subjects to post about (oh, how very avant garde, I sneer to myself).  You are welcome to respond and/or reply to this, but I implore yee if you do do so, and if you have an ounce of conscience, now that I have the stage to treat me kindly:  thread softly, because you tread on my dreams.

Are we treading with a tank, or a needle and thread? :huh:

ow_tiobe_sb

This is a low moment for me, for, although I am the elected leader of this territory of the forum, I must humbly ask

"Would a moderator please sticky this thread?"

ow_tiobe_sb
Phantom Bunburyist and Fop o' th' Morning

randyripoff

Quote from: ow_tiobe_sb on August 17, 2008, 08:30:18 AM
"Would a moderator please sticky this thread?"

[Butthead]Heh heh heh heh...you said "sticky"...heh heh heh heh[/Butthead]

Ares_God_of_War

My whipped ice dairy drink brings the attention of many males to my place of residence and/or employment,
and they declare that its quality by far surpasses that of yours. Absolutely, it by far surpasses yours.
I could educate you but then I would require monentary compensation.

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: The Phantom Eyebrow on August 16, 2008, 07:04:51 PMYou are welcome to respond and/or reply to this, but I implore yee if you do do so, and if you have an ounce of conscience, now that I have the stage to treat me kindly:  thread softly, because you tread on my dreams.

[Butthead]Heh heh heh heh...you said "doodoo"...heh heh heh heh[/Butthead]

The Phantom Eyebrow

Well now (indeed) but this is (certainly) a fine outcome.  It does please me to see that from the compost that comprised my initial post the seeds of a fine thread are germinating, thanks to the green-fingered typings of my fellow posters.  And what's more, I see that the powers-that-be have stickied our whitterings - for this relief much thanks.  This (of course) is a great boon, and how could it not be?  Freeing this thread from the harsh realities of the market, without the need to strain against other threads for life-giving light at the top of the board, should allow it flourish like the tallest poppy. Yes, all is well in the garden. 

ow_tiobe_sb

Quote from: The Phantom Eyebrow on August 19, 2008, 03:07:03 PM
Yes, all is well in the garden.

Meep!

ow_tiobe_sb
Phantom Bunburyist and Fop o' th' Morning

BatWing

oh, i'll show you how to make a thread.....with my BARE HANDS!

randyripoff

*severs BatWing's hands...because I can*

GogglesPizanno

Quote*severs BatWing's hands...because I can*

Oh no, Not this again....
Let's see now.
Something amiss here... hmm, I'll run through it.
Ho, haha, guard, turn, parry, dodge, spin,
HA!!!
...thrust.

Got it.

randyripoff

BatWing

MY girly hands have been cut off!
randy you shall pay for this.
*Angry Face* :angry:

UnfluffyBunny

*finds some discarded hands*
oooh! lets make finger puppets!!

The Phantom Eyebrow

:o  Well Great Crikes but this is a fine turn this thread has taken!  The fencing lesson is well taken but I (for one) never signed up for this... this butchery.  I always thought Randy had a disarming personality but this is etc and so forth...

Quote from: UnfluffyBunny on September 18, 2008, 11:56:25 AM
*finds some discarded hands*
oooh! lets make finger puppets!!

No Syn, don't play with the severed hand, put it dow... ooohh but it looks well on you though!  Fits like a glove, I imagine.

randyripoff

The Phantom Eyebrow

Alaric

Quote from: The Phantom Eyebrow on September 23, 2008, 12:17:05 PM
Quote from: randyripoff on September 20, 2008, 09:50:00 AM
*Severs an eyebrow*

:blink:  Ow!  My brow!

*Watches as the now-severed Phantom Eyebrow falls lifeless to the ground*

Wait! I can help!

*Grabs a thick, aged tome, opens it to a random page, and starts chanting... eventually succeeding in RAISING AN EYEBROW!*

BatWing

The Phantom Eyebrow

Quote from: BatWing on September 26, 2008, 10:44:20 PM
ow my brow, hey that rhymes.
Indeed, indeed it does.  For we all must rhyme, from time to time.  But thats fine.

But enough of poetry, for Alaric has discovered something wondrous!  Now I am invincible!  For, so long as there are people with the capacity to state things odd or surprising, I can never be truly defeated! 

* Maniacal cackling follows *

randyripoff

*drops the Phantom Eyebrow into 30 tonnes of dried flee, fracturing his mewla and puncturing his abta*

The Phantom Eyebrow

Quote from: randyripoff on September 29, 2008, 06:47:47 PM
*drops the Phantom Eyebrow into 30 tonnes of dried flee, fracturing his mewla and puncturing his abta*

Well now, let me see about this then...   

* consults medical thesaurus *

Erm... okay... :huh:

This might be bad all right; I'm hurting in places I didn't know I had places!