• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

A Blonde Question

Started by Marvel Girl, August 14, 2008, 10:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marvel Girl

Can someone please point me in the right direction? I am new and just getting started. I just bought and installed :ffvstr: earlier today, along with alot of great stuff from the FAQ section of Alex's Freedom Fortress and those links. (Thanks to Alex and the gang for making that much as painless as possible). 
  Now for the Blonde Question; Is there a particular order that all of this Nif skope stuff is to be installed? and which plug-ins do I really need to make it work?

Blkcasanova247

Welcome Marvel Girl. All you need to install any skopes or new meshes is to download and unzip/unpack the file into your "character" folder. Go to your Irrational Games folder then open your Freedom Force vs The Thrid Reich...then Custom...then Art....then Library...you finally see your Character folder...unzip the sucker in there. ;)

Marvel Girl

Thanks, but I got that part down. What I am really interested in is "nif skoping". I want to be able to add things to the character meshes on the permission list that I have already downloaded. My question is; Is their a particular order that nif skope and its plug-ins need to be installed? and which plug-ins do I need to accomplish this?

detourne_me

no plug-ins are needed.
just download the latest version of nifskope from sourceforge.
however,  one way you can preview your meshes is with Character Tool 2,
that's part of the mod tools pack for ffvttr.
now keep in mind, the mod tools and nifskope are completely seperate programs, so there is no order you need to install them in,  heck you don't even need the game to do some skoping!

Marvel Girl

Blkcasanova247

Sorry...misunderstood you. ^_^

Marvel Girl

That's Ok Blkcasanova247, After all your just a love machine, and I am just a blonde.