• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Sukiyaki Western Django

Started by Ajax, July 23, 2008, 10:05:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ajax

Is it wrong I think this movie looks amazing? Made by the same guy who brought us Ichi the Killer, which should give you some indication of what type of movie this will be. [spoiler]Hint: Awesome
[/spoiler]
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GvWgcTRVW5k

Eagerly awaiting this on DVD.

GogglesPizanno

While I respect Takashi Miike as a filmmaker, his films usually aren't my cup of tea.
But I saw the trailer for this a few weeks ago, and it looks bizarrely fun to me....

Like a crazy Japanese version of the Quick and the Dead.

GhostMachine

Quote from: Ajax on July 23, 2008, 10:05:02 AM

Actually, its going to be released in theaters in New York at the end of next month, then elsewhere after that.

Jakew

Takashi Miike is great and he usually has a golden touch with whatever he does. I also like the fact that he doesn't stick to one movie genre. "Audition" is probably my favourite of his ... so creepy and haunting.

However, it sucks that Tarantino has a role in the film. He is such dead weight as an actor.

lugaru

There is a long standing tradition of cross polination between westerns and samurai movies so it is good to see the two officially married. Also a big Takashi Miike fan, so this should be worth checking out.

Ajax

Quote from: GhostMachine on July 23, 2008, 02:03:31 PM
Quote from: Ajax on July 23, 2008, 10:05:02 AM

Actually, its going to be released in theaters in New York at the end of next month, then elsewhere after that.

I know, but seeing as I am nowhere near NY I will have to wait for the DVD. :P