• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Comparing the old to new

Started by laughing paradox, July 02, 2008, 01:54:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

laughing paradox

Awesome info, man. I appreciate it. I'll be applying a lot of what you've said.

Podmark

Very nice to see some of the Masters. I've always had a soft spot for Slyde.

laughing paradox

The Needle.

I've applied the technique of blue shading on white for this skin and, after a few (many!) attempts, I got it to a point that I'm comfortable with. I think my problem was the shading of blue being too dark; I went way brighter and it works with this skin. Anyway, one Night Shift character almost down, several more to go!

To those who have asked about the rest of the Jihad, I have to ask for permission to release the rest of the characters, since those meshes aren't mine and I don't think they can be found online.. and I really want to rework Manticore's hair.. but when that's all settled, they will be available.

djfredski

:o LP that is really good!  :thumbup:

Lunarman

Excellent! I love the simplicity

USAgent

Cool, a Needle with a actual needle looking weapon. Nice.

Jakew

laughing paradox

Mantra from the Ultraverse

Blame daglob for my upcoming Ultraverse characters. :)

JLAfan2001

Does this mean no power pack or night shift? :(

laughing paradox

Quote from: JLAfan2001 on December 03, 2008, 08:58:19 AM
Does this mean no power pack or night shift? :(

Oh, they'll be done, have no fear. I already did the Needle and I already started working on Misfit and Dragonfly.

Power Pack was going to be on the back burner for a while until I get a much better grasp at working on faces.. if I'm going to do PP, I want to make sure that I do them right. As I have them now, they just look like short, old men. ;)

daglob

Quote from: laughing paradox on December 03, 2008, 08:29:58 AM
Mantra from the Ultraverse

Blame daglob for my upcoming Ultraverse characters. :)

Good, now I don't have to figure out how to do that one either.

laughing paradox

Quote from: daglob on December 03, 2008, 09:12:29 PM

I just wish it had a better sword. A scimitar would work... there has to be one available, right?

I'm also working on Prototype.. looks pretty decent so far.

JLAfan2001

Just a thought. Does the Arabian Knight mesh by Texas Jack have a Scimitar?

Xenolith

I think tommyboy's warrior_versatile has a scimitar.

electro

Woops meant to thank you for that Slyde skin awhile back - So Thanks - You and Kssaints always bring the Chars I want the most - Now if I could just talk someone into skinning Tommyboy's Awesome Armadillo_new mesh :blink: (got someone on it now)

daglob

Quote from: laughing paradox on December 04, 2008, 07:15:05 AM
Quote from: daglob on December 03, 2008, 09:12:29 PM

I just wish it had a better sword. A scimitar would work... there has to be one available, right?

I'm also working on Prototype.. looks pretty decent so far.

Whew! There goes another one.

Podmark

Prototype looks great. Colours really pop and the reflections are very nice. Good job.

laughing paradox

Quote from: Podmark on December 05, 2008, 11:25:02 PM
Prototype looks great. Colours really pop and the reflections are very nice. Good job.

Hey, thanks. I really appreciate that.

Thanks for the suggestion on the scimitar sword, Xeno and JLA. I ended up using the Arabian Knight's sword and it was perfect.  :thumbup:

laughing paradox

So.. ok. Before you guys thought I turned my back on Marvel or DC..

Boom Boom.

The costume is taken from Jim Lee's version of her from the X-men trading card set.

I can't believe I haven't seen a Boom Boom made from Ink's Jubilee mesh before.. it just seemed like a no-brainer that clicked when I checked it out earlier. The only snag I hit with this skin was the hair.. as you can see, it's a solid yellow, which doesn't hurt it too bad, but I would love to add to it. Oh, and Boom Boom customarily has green shades.. so yeah.

Bison and an updated Sunstroke of the Masters of Evil.. which will be available for download in a little bit.

USAgent

That there is definatly the best looking Boom Boom from that era that Ive seen, I will be updating to that skope/skin.  And nice work on Bison and Sunstroke, there are a couple more characters that have never been done that I know of.

*keeps refreshing the Repository on hopes of getting the these two*

billdamn22

Sunstroke looks good. I can't tell much about Bison though. Really dark. I love the 2nd stringers.

USAgent

Hey LP, I was just looking at Needle in the c-tool and noticed his weapon is pink.  I just added the weapon glow and refl tga files from the taskmaster mesh and it fixed it. Ya might wanna re-upload him with those files.

laughing paradox

Thanks for the heads up, US. I added the correct tgas to the zip file now.

I'm glad you like the Boom Boom. I was trying to figure out what her signature Boom Boom costume was, but as soon as I saw that Jim Lee picture, it all clicked. By the way, Bison and Sunstroke are up.

And here's a better look at Bison

I actually like the way it came out. I wasn't going to add texture to the costume part, but it's supposed to be hairy and I figured I'd face the challenge.

herodad1

Johnny Patches

sweet LP.. i like them all.  :cool:

Jakew

I like Sunstroke ... I really like the unconventional supervillain designs. They look cool and it makes them stand out in FFvTTR.

djfredski

laughing paradox

Bison is a JP skope, so yes, that's his male_heavy mesh.

And here's a chick who could kick his butt.

Podmark

blobula

|