• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Skrulls?

Started by Renegade, June 24, 2008, 08:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renegade

I need some really good hero files for these Skrull meshes.

Carravaggio

Ummm...dunno about 'really good'. I guess my hero files were downright boring.
3 and 4 for all stats except stamina, which was a 6.
A basic punch.
A single shot energy blast with a small chance to knockback.
The shocktrooper had a short tri-burst shot and a cone energy drain attack that has a chance to stun.
The aviator obviously has flight, as well as web/net type attack used to pin down faster heroes.
Then I gave them russian doll and have them transform into a marvel hero upon defeat, to continue fighting.
I'd maybe give them stealth as well, but the Ai wouldn't use it, i don't think.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Carravaggio on June 25, 2008, 05:38:14 PM
Ummm...dunno about 'really good'. I guess my hero files were downright boring.
3 and 4 for all stats except stamina, which was a 6.
A basic punch.
A single shot energy blast with a small chance to knockback.
The shocktrooper had a short tri-burst shot and a cone energy drain attack that has a chance to stun.
The aviator obviously has flight, as well as web/net type attack used to pin down faster heroes.
Then I gave them russian doll and have them transform into a marvel hero upon defeat, to continue fighting.
I'd maybe give them stealth as well, but the Ai wouldn't use it, i don't think.

The Russian doll idea is genius.

shadd421

You could also give them Lesser Regeneration. They can shapeshift over wounds to stop bleeding if they have long enough to concentrate on it.

Jakew

My Skrull knowledge is spotty, but I remember in Young Avengers where Skrulls could be stabbed and blown apart (by Wolverine and Speed) without dying. But burning is fatal.

detourne_me

i echo AA,  russian doll is a genius idea... i do the reverse though, and russian doll a skrull onto some heroes that have been revealed.  then make the skrulls built-in templates with the villian template,  so they would automatically become evil.

another usweful attribute for them would be mimic.. or accidental change.
disguise would be great too, but yeah too hard for AI to duplicate.

another idea could be 'sleeper' citizens,   that have an accidental change into skrulls, when triggered by rage or panic.  using EZscript they could be placed randomly in some maps.

AfghanAnt

Someone should make a Skrull mini-mod with ezscript.

Carravaggio

Yes they should.
I find its not the scripting thats the toughest part, its the pacing and the storytelling, trying to make that challenging and fun.
Dunno how Prem did it so many times...

Previsionary

Quote from: Carravaggio on June 26, 2008, 06:07:58 AM
Yes they should.
I find its not the scripting thats the toughest part, its the pacing and the storytelling, trying to make that challenging and fun.
Dunno how Prem did it so many times...

Pre-planning, determination, a need to keep active/writing, and a good support system. Oh, it was the only way I could shut up Beyonder WHILE getting the occasional skin from him. :P

P.S. I actually had a skrull based mod thought up awhile ago (I posted it here, I think), but I doubt I'll do anything with it now unless...nevermind.

Maybe I'll just update the fan4 mod...probably won't.  :huh:

cmdrkoenig67

LOL!  Thanks for tormenting us, Prev!

Dana :P

UnkoMan

A skrull mod where half your team happen to be skrulls, except the attribute is hidden from you, so you don't know? And the ones on your team would have to be SUPER skrulls, really. Then, if they got taken out, they reveal themselves and start attacking you instead? Also, if perhaps having certain ones on certain missions who survived changed the outcome to one that is bad for you? Etc etc?

Yes, that WOULD be a pretty swell idea.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: UnkoMan on August 14, 2008, 01:57:17 PM
A skrull mod where half your team happen to be skrulls, except the attribute is hidden from you, so you don't know? And the ones on your team would have to be SUPER skrulls, really. Then, if they got taken out, they reveal themselves and start attacking you instead? Also, if perhaps having certain ones on certain missions who survived changed the outcome to one that is bad for you? Etc etc?

Yes, that WOULD be a pretty swell idea.

I actually sent Prev an idea like that set in the Ultimate universe.

cmdrkoenig67

Previsionary

Quote from: cmdrkoenig67 on October 24, 2008, 03:58:08 PM
...No comment.

What Is THAT supposed to mean? Koenig...I think it's time you told the truth about your green skin status. You're a skrull, aren't you?! AREN'T YOU?! *panics*

In other news...I have no idea what anyone here, including myself, is talking about. ^^

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: Previsionary on October 24, 2008, 08:02:10 PM
Quote from: cmdrkoenig67 on October 24, 2008, 03:58:08 PM
...No comment.

What Is THAT supposed to mean? Koenig...I think it's time you told the truth about your green skin status. You're a skrull, aren't you?! AREN'T YOU?! *panics*

In other news...I have no idea what anyone here, including myself, is talking about. ^^

LOL...Prev, I'm not a skrull.  I'm just not a fan of "Ultimate" anything.

Dana