• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

All in one skopes

Started by Podmark, June 19, 2008, 10:40:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Podmark

I've been trying to do some of these alpha based all in one skopes where you can have multiple skins/skopes on the same mesh, like AA's Quaser. However I've run into an issue.

Whenever I have two alpha enabled parts in the same spot this ghosting effect occurs. Is there any way around this?

For alphas I've just been selecting the part and right clicking, add property, alpha property.

tommyboy

Waaay back when, I used to try to make meshes with a large number of alpha enabled parts, for exactly this type of thing (my 'original' Wonderman, Gilgamesh, Quasar, Giant Man amongst others), and ran into this problem myself. I played around with the alpha settings in 3dsmax, but never found a way to eliminate the problem, so eventually stopped doing it.
But there are a LOT of variables in the alpha settings, and I didn't try every combination, so it might be possible.
But if I understand it right, the nature of alphas and the way they work means the problem is 'built in'. If I understand it right. And thats a big if.

miguelyanke

i have a trick, change all the alpha-enabled meshes into:
-enable blending
src alpha
inv src alpha
-enable testing
grater
no shorter

that's my trick in my all-in-one skopes

Podmark

Quote from: miguelyanke on June 19, 2008, 11:56:05 AM
i have a trick, change all the alpha-enabled meshes into:
-enable blending
src alpha
inv src alpha
-enable testing
grater
no shorter

that's my trick in my all-in-one skopes

Cool, if that works I'm very interested. But uh could you go into some more detail because I didn't really follow. I'm not too familiar with the more detailed aspects of nifskope.

miguelyanke

Podmark

ok thanks. I'll try that out when I get the chance.

Podmark

Thanks miguelyanke the link and settings you gave me solved my problem!

miguelyanke

a pleasure! ^_^ anyway, i don't really know if the amount is important and what it means in the transparency quantity... and if someone can explain i would be appreciated.