• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Male_Basic inside and Male_Hulking_Brute

Started by Failed_Hero, June 10, 2008, 04:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Failed_Hero

How can I attach the a male basic mesh onto the spine of the male_hulking_brute. I am attempting to create one of my original characters who manifest a force field like Armor from X-men but it is emontional unstable like the Hulk, any advice.

Carravaggio

i did the same thing with my Believer character and found that because the male_basic and male_heavy meshes sue different 'frames' one either gets stretched or squashed while accommodating the other. If you don't mind the male heavy being squased, then just past the male_heavy onto the scene root of the male_basic mesh (and reposition if necessary). PM me if you need more specific details than this :)

Zivon23

Quote from: Failed_Hero on June 10, 2008, 04:26:20 PM
How can I attach the a male basic mesh onto the spine of the male_hulking_brute. I am attempting to create one of my original characters who manifest a force field like Armor from X-men but it is emontional unstable like the Hulk, any advice.

Could you just use TJ's Dr. Jeckle/Mr. Hyde mesh?  It goes from male basic to Male Hulking.

Failed_Hero

Zivon I was looking more along the lines of a male_basic encased in a male_hulking thanks for the look though

Zivon23

Quote from: Failed_Hero on June 11, 2008, 04:22:01 PM
Zivon I was looking more along the lines of a male_basic encased in a male_hulking thanks for the look though

Encased in a male_hulking.....?  Wouldn't that be a Male_hulking?  Or is the Male_hulking translucent?  If it is translucent......then the hulking part of the mesh maybe be made to be translucent through skoping.

Epimethee

This sounds similar to to the Shade mesh by Valandar (?) and to ShadeTCMCS by Crusader/Saracen.

Carravaggio

Quote from: Zivon23 on June 11, 2008, 07:23:04 PM
Quote from: Failed_Hero on June 11, 2008, 04:22:01 PM

Encased in a male_hulking.....?  Wouldn't that be a Male_hulking?  Or is the Male_hulking translucent?  If it is translucent......then the hulking part of the mesh maybe be made to be translucent through skoping.

But as i said, if you have the two of them on the same mesh, using the same 'skeleton' and kfs, one or the other will be warped.

Cyber Burn

QuoteCould you just use TJ's Dr. Jeckle/Mr. Hyde mesh?  It goes from male basic to Male Hulking.

Could the keyframes from this mesh be used to help avoid the warping?

Failed_Hero

Failed_Hero

To answer some questions.  Yes the male _hulking would be translucent possibly with some FX.  The way I envision it is like this:

and if some could send me or upload the Mister Hyde mesh I may be able to do something with that.  Thanks folks.

miguelyanke

uhm... i've been trying to do something like it, but with a female, but i dind't find how.
I finally decide to add male_aura into female_basic,put him alphaenabled, but it some things (i think ther problem was int the alpha configuration).

I didn't have Mister Hyde, but if someone is going to send it, please i'll be interested too

Carravaggio

FH, thats a nice concept, but I've found unless you have the male basic pre-made into that fetal position, he will attempt to mimic the either the skeletal structure of male_heavy, or he will 'float' inside male_heavy with arms and legs outstretched, much like he would if you deleted the Bip01 node.
I'll send Mr Hyde to you both, good luck with it, sounds like a cool concept.

ow_tiobe_sb

Either I'm getting better at this type of work, or the requests are becoming much simpler.

[spoiler]

20 minutes' work from start to finish.  I'll need to make certain that the Netimmerse shader settings are correct for a translucent mesh before I release it.  For now, the male_basic is stationary in this quasi-foetal position but Physiqued to the male_hulking Biped so that it floats along and conforms to the male_hulking mesh as it goes through its animations.  Rather spiffy to see in motion, if I do say so myself.  :cool:[/spoiler]

ow_tiobe_sb
Phantom Bunburyist and Fop o' th' Morning

daglob

Carravaggio

OTS...thats brilliant.
I think you'd best prepare for a torrent of requests after this most impressive show of meshmanship!

miguelyanke

Failed_Hero

OTS,

That is brilliant. Perfect, Magnificent. I cannot wait to see it in action.  Thank you so much.

Failed_Hero

Quote from: ow_tiobe_sb on June 13, 2008, 06:28:08 PM
Either I'm getting better at this type of work, or the requests are becoming much simpler.

[spoiler]

20 minutes' work from start to finish.  I'll need to make certain that the Netimmerse shader settings are correct for a translucent mesh before I release it.  For now, the male_basic is stationary in this quasi-foetal position but Physiqued to the male_hulking Biped so that it floats along and conforms to the male_hulking mesh as it goes through its animations.  Rather spiffy to see in motion, if I do say so myself.  :cool:[/spoiler]

ow_tiobe_sb
Phantom Bunburyist and Fop o' th' Morning

ow_tiobe_sb

Did you ever get this complete? Thanks, glorious work.