• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

how to force a character to stay in his temporary form

Started by crocodamon, June 10, 2008, 11:29:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crocodamon

I play with billy batson - Shapeshifter and Cap Marvel Temporary form, and my question is:

What am i need to do when I play against billy/marvel, force my enemy to stay in his temporary form "marvel" for good?

Cause when i want to kick the crap out of marvel family with black adam, cap marvel always reverse his form to billy batson.

Thanx a lot folks  :blink:

GogglesPizanno

Well the simple low tech method would be to just create a standalone Captain Marvel character without the shape shifting and just duke it out with him.... Seems like the easiest way unless I'm missing something.

Epimethee

You should also be able to set the reverse condition to "isNever".

TaskMasterX

Also, if the m25ai file of the Temp character has the ShapeShift tactic line, remove it.

Jakew

I was just about to ask this question myself ... I was having the same issues with Johnny Storm / Human Torch, Peter / Colossus, and Emma Frost. They don't attack using their stronger form.

QuoteYou should also be able to set the reverse condition to "isNever".

Dumb question but ... can you explain how to do that? What program am I using?

Also, is it possible for a character to switch between two forms in order to use ranged attacks ie Emma Frost using mental attacks from a distance and changing to diamond form for melee?

Thanks guys!

Epimethee

> can you explain how to do that? What program am I using?
You do it through the FFX Control Centre. You select the character with the Accidental Change ttribute and set the Revert Trigger dropdown value to isNever. Cf. the FFX manual for other info on the FFX Control Centre.

> is it possible for a character to switch between two forms...
The way I understand it, you need to switch back and forth between the two, right? Then, you should normally use Shapeshifter insted.

Or maybe you can set your base character to Accidental Change with isNever and give your Involuntary Form Shapeshifter with a single TEmporary Form. Not sure this would work without bugs, though. Let us know how it goes if you try it.