• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

The Reformed (The flying melee)

Started by C4, June 01, 2008, 01:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C4

This is the thread for the new mod that some FR friends and me have been working on the last 11 months.

http://starlockforfreedom.bravepages.com/Reformed/Promo2.wmv

In hopefully the not too distant future there will be a website and first episode released and then we expect to have episodes 2 + 3 released close after.

This is an original mod set in modern South-Africa. It introduces and follow a few criminals that receive super powers and does not
revert to being super villains but instead want to use this second chance to make up for what they have done.

I hope you will like.

*previous post*

Exact details are unknown but apparently a female or at least that is what form it has, is what some of the security guards at the FDP packing company said about a mysterious lady that literary blew through their security and stole some undisclosed items. 

"She is a spirit, sent by our forefathers." was the reaction of one shocked individual. But from what we can gather she seems to be made of pure smoke.

Made up excuse or exciting development, you decide. But whatever it might be, this reporter can't wait for the next event.

Stay tuned to SABC 3, as we bring you the news before anyone else.

http://starlockforfreedom.bravepages.com/Reformed/Footage.wmv

AfghanAnt

miguelyanke

The_Baroness

uhmm amazing news indeed.... wonder who is this woman....

*wonders other things about her inclinations but keeps that to herself*

Previsionary

*in character*

I was so uninterested that I actually fell asleep and was buried. I'll be sending you a bill. You heroes and your need to show off your ever so boring powers. *changes channel*

C4

You might not believe this, but there have been sightings of another unidentified individual displaying extraordinary abilities. In this case from the southern parts of Hill brow of all places. And do they need a saviour. A man with the ability to fly has been reported.

Yes in fact unaided flight. And what is even more remarkable is that this "dark angel" as some are calling him, was not afraid to take on some local goons armed to the teeth with his bare hands.

"He is not a very nice person, but he kicks bad guy arse." Said one elderly lady

Well who ever he is this reporter hope he is here to stay.

Stay tuned to SABC 3 for the news you want to see, and we will bring it to you.

Footage

RTTingle

Hmmmm... a relative of WWII's London Fog perhaps?

Pretty cool.   :)

RTT

Boalt92

Quote from: C4 on June 04, 2008, 01:14:08 PM
You might not believe this, but there have been sightings of another unidentified individual displaying extraordinary abilities. In this case from the southern parts of Hill brow of all places. And do they need a saviour. A man with the ability to fly has been reported

You're right, I don't believe it.  Hill brow is WAY too dangerous for superheroes  :P

Sawubona

B92

C4

Volsung

Play The Reformed! Worship The Reformed!

If you're a girl you'll loose weight! And if you're a guy... your girl will loose weight!!

C4

Quoteanyone that can turn into a vapourous cloud, becoming intangible is automatically interesting to me ;-)

I'm sure

QuoteYou're right, I don't believe it.  Hill brow is WAY too dangerous for superheroes 

Sawubona

B92

So you've been....   ;)

If you're a girl you'll loose weight! And if you're a guy... your girl will loose weight!!

I guess that must be something you added.  :P

C4

Ok in the next few days I will pay some tribute to the people who helped me and give you guys
more visual details on what this is all about.

So the first is Volsung; that has really gone above and beyond to do some of the most amazing Texturing/Skinning and Modeling work for this project. Here is a couple of stuff he did:

And then apart from his own texturing and modeling work he also converted and modeled some civilians, thugs and street objects for the modern feel we are going for:

Edit: I should just add that the first three pics is skoped from Vertex and Grenadier meshes.  The furniture was converted from vampire redemption and the thug & civilian skins edited from Kingpin

Renegade

jtharris86

:blink: WOW that is... err I just can't believe my eyes.

UnkoMan

Holy smokes, indeed. This is some incredible stuff. Professional grade work, even.

Core

Previsionary

*stares*

Yeah, I'm sure that's great and all, c4, but there's no prev and because of that...I am still uninterested. :P

Also, IPS, make sure to clean up w/e mess you may have left about. This is a clean forum...or will minute man and his sticky thing have to teach you about proper cleaning procedures?

detourne_me

love it!
hopefully you'll be including the grimy city textures into this too....
it's like you're creating a whole new game.

C4

Quotelove it!
hopefully you'll be including the grimy city textures into this too....
it's like you're creating a whole new game.

Yip, they are in. I just have to update the grass and roads and stuff he did recently. And goggles even did some things on my request :)

I pretty much had to update it a bit, since my story and characters would not have worked well in 1950.

QuoteYeah, I'm sure that's great and all, c4, but there's no prev and because of that...I am still uninterested.

Well just wait till you see the FX.  ;)           or maybe you would prefer that Emma Frost makes an appearance....  it can be arranged you know.  

Podmark

Those look simply amazing! I love love love those female hairs.

tommyboy

Simply beautiful work.
Just shows what is possible even on an 'outdated' game engine.
This is definitely a Mod to get.
*stands up and applauds*

style

Volsung

Thanks for the enthusiasm guys.
I'm quite proud of this stuff.
I even made strides during the process. :)

Unko, I must confess, i'm supposed to be a pro.
Since i'm working in a modest video game compagny for 3 years
Even if at the office I don't do that kind of work.

I must add i'm not a complete "self-taught folk" too.
I've been vaguely formed to 3ds max 3.1 a decade ago.
Rendering knowledge got little to do with 3d for video games.
I learned all what I needed from that website http://mroger.net/index.htm (sorry it's in french)
Although i'm self-taught on Photoshop

As tommy said, FFVTTR is outdated but it can definitely continue to shine.
I appreciated C4 calculated choice to make a darker atmosphere mod. And working with casanova's design is jubilation.  :D

Hey! I got praise from Renegade himself!  :)

AfghanAnt

Oh my god, how did I miss this. I can not wait for this mod.

C4

The next contributor without whom this mod would not have been and would have lost a lot of its flavour is the love machine;
BLKCasanova He did the concept art pencils of every character in this mod. So here is his lovely work:

Avian
Pic -

Silhouette       
Pic -

Vista
Pic  -

Double S [/b       
Pic -

Serengeti

Pic -
Pic (Lion form) -

Brace
Pic -

Ruin
Pic -

Rage
Pic -

Minx
Pic -

Feedback
Pic -

All pencils by Casanova, Colours for Avian & Silhouette by Unkoman, Colours for Ruin by Juancho and all the remaining by Anita Vereona

Lunarman

Blkcasanova247

I was totally inspired to create non-superhero superheroes. Your whole idea for this mod was cool and I was so jazzed about working with you and Volsung. The finished product is gonna be sick! :thumbup:

laughing paradox

This is so impressive, it's unbelievable.

I can't wait to get my grubby mitts on this mod.

AfghanAnt

C4

The reason for the delay is a problem with voice acting.

THough not to worry the first episode is in fact done and playtested. Just need to get those last recordings then I release it.

And the second episode will be playtested this week. So things are still going strong. Even if it is a bit late.