• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

I'm THIS close to buying the PC version but...

Started by lugaru, May 09, 2008, 04:13:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lugaru

1) Does the game allow custom cards? Back when I played magic online there where tons of cool custom cards and a friend of mine made an entire expansion.

2) On that note is it possible to play DC characters? I'm a marvel zombie but you know, I wouldent mind being able to throw in the DC expansions as well.

3) They say you can get all the cards for free now, is that true? How does it work?

gdaybloke

They actually released the game for free a few months back - you can download and play it completely free. It's Marvel only, and doesn't allow for custom cards. That said, it's a great way to learn how the game works - the tutorial's pretty darn solid, and playing through the campaign will teach you a lot about card interaction.

With that said, there's two other ways to play online - MWS and OCTGN. A google search for either should hook you up, but you can find links for both at http://www.the-kamiza.com - you need to make a few posts before you can access them though.

Both are available for free download, have all the cards (Marvel and DC). MWS in particular allows for custom cards - I assume OCTGN does as well, but I've never tried to import them.

lugaru

I downloaded MWS and it's really nice but I've only used it for MAGIC so far, I seem to have a hard time setting up a separate install for Versus. Do you know if there's a good solution for this? It's as if both trial installs reference each other making neither work...

gdaybloke